Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I have a HP Pavilion dv6 notebook. How can I turn tje wireless capabilities back on? The network (trouble shooting) is telling me thats the problem.
Thanks so much!
19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Please provide the model number or product number of your notebook.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Model number: XG871UA#ABA
HP Recommended

Install the drivers from the following weblinks, one of the drivers would be needed for your system:

Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53536.exe

Atheros 2011 Wireless LAN Driver
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53261.exe

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 7
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49501-50000/sp49541.exe

Press the wireless button on and start using it.

HP Notebook PCs - Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7)
Basic instructions for connecting a notebook, running Windows 7, to an existing wireless home network for the first time
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
My internet connection is off and im on my phone. I have a homegroup network at my house already that want to connect to but no networks will show up, the links wont work on my phone i already downloaded them 😞 above that you posted. I tried manually connecting because I have the password for the network but that didnt work either
HP Recommended

Please check if you have wireless drivers installed and is turned on.

If not, please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended
I cant find that 😞
HP Recommended
I just had to turn my computer off aparently it froze im sorry! Thank you
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following weblink might help you:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
Wireless Internet connections suddenly drop? Can't connect via wireless? Error messages when using a wireless network? These instruction might help.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended
how can i turn it on back my wireless capability, i try several times the f12 but did not work. can you help me to back on my wireless cability.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.