Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
i have a hp pavillion dv9000 and the wireless is not working is seems that the laptop is not detecting the wirleless card when i turn it on the light remains orange and it not turn blue can somebody help me?
31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended
I have a DV6119 and it began to have the same problem about three weeks ago.  When I plugged it into the network and ran the Total Care Advisor I discovered that my notebook and I suspect yours were part of a fix when the network part failed.  However, when I contacted HP I was told I was no longer eligible for the fix which expired December 2008.  I could send the notebook in for repair, but the estimate was $200.00.  I bought a wireless card for $50 and have moved on.  It's a shame that HP knew of the problem and failed to fix it for everyone.  Apparently, they would only repair machines which already had a failed wireless network adapter.  Perhaps after all the machines I've purchased over the years from HP, I should look toward other brands.
Never buy HP products. They fail and the company does not stand by their warrany. Customer Careless is just that, they could careless.
HP Recommended

rog, they did not fail to fix it for everyone.

They fixed it for people that were covered under the issue they knew about.  Just because your notebook wasn't covered doesn't mean that everyone wasn't.

PEW PEW PEW I'M A LAZER!

HP Recommended

I have a hp pavillion dv2225nr. My warranty expired in Feb. No issue with this machine until now. Now I have no wireless, no wireless network adapter in device manager. I'm chatting with tech. So far we've taken out and put back in some drivers and tried reseating the card. I'm on hold and being very patient. And nice.

My mom has a dv9000 and was smart enough to extend her warranty. Hers has been back to hp numerous times for repairs. Once she dropped it, had her display screen changed (just went out) and she had her motherboard replaced. So far so good. But her machine is almost new now again 2 months ago.

She got her money's worth a few times over now with all her repairs. I'm kickin myself for not buying an additional warranty.

HP Recommended

You don't seem to understand.  I'm sure the issue with the wireless adapter did happen to many, very many people who were within warranty.  My contention is HP should have realized that this failure may extend beyond the normal warranty period and offer us a repair should the problem manifest itself not within the normal time period.  I've researched and discovered on many boards that this problem affected countless of people.  One cannot predict the future, but HP knew this was an issue with numerous models.  Therefore, this is what should have happened: a recall to correct the problem or allow an owner to send the machine back when the wireless failed regardless of the time period.  If the problem was user abuse then no repair unless he was willing to pay for it.  However, if the problem is diagnosed as being an identified issue then the repair should be completed.

That only seems fair to both the company and consumer. 

Never buy HP products. They fail and the company does not stand by their warrany. Customer Careless is just that, they could careless.
HP Recommended
I have a HP Pavilion tx1000 and my computer recently stopped recognizing the wireless adapter.  The Device Manager no longer shows any wireless network card hardware at all. I am about 3 months over my 1-year warranty.  Has anyone found a good fix for this?  HP Tech Support says they are not aware of any systemic problems with the network adapters, but I keep reading posts from other people having this same problem.   
HP Recommended
My dv9225us had the problem last october 2008, it was repaired and now I have it again. The repair ticket showed a motherboard replacement. It seems that they replaced it with another motherboard with the same problem. I contacted service and was told that my extended warranty for the repair expired on april 2009- one month ago! So HP doesn't fix the issue they just replace junk with junk and hope it lasts long enough for the warranty to expire on you. Good customer support! 
HP Recommended
my dv9000 isn't working wireless what should I do?
HP Recommended

@The-Great-Greg wrote:
i have a hp pavillion dv9000 and the wireless is not working is seems that the laptop is not detecting the wirleless card when i turn it on the light remains orange and it not turn blue can somebody help me?

First, remember that it is possible to have your WLAN turned off and disabled at the same time (Off and Disabled are different settings). The Touchpad Wireless button Disables the WLAN and/or Bluetooth, depending on whether or not it's setup for individual or shared control within the HP Wireless Assistant. If the WLAN and BT modules are turned OFF in the Wireless Assistant, no amount of pushing the Button will change anything - pushing the Touchpad button will just shift the status from Disabled to Off and back. The LED turns orange when Both modules are either OFF or Disabled. They can only be turned OFF in the Wireless Assistant, which turns the LED Orange; or Disabled by pushing the Wireless Touchpad button, which also turns the LED Orange.

For the LED to be Blue, at least one of the two must be turned on in the Wireless Assistant, and the Touchpad must have enabled them as well. However, you can also have a Blue LED and have your WLAN still turned off in the Wireless Assistant, still preventing connectivity.

Open the WA from the Taskbar icon or the Control Panel. Click on Properties and set it to Independent controls. Make sure that both modules are first not Disabled via the Touchpad (if you press it you'll see it change from On/Off to Disabled and back again), and then ensure that both are then turned on with the Action buttons in the Wireless Assistant.

For those who are referring to the Limited Warranty Service Enhancement Program for the DV2000/6000/9000 systems, the Warranty Program states as follows;

"This service enhancement program is available in North America for 24 months after the start of your original standard limited warranty for issues listed below; otherwise your current standard limited warranty applies. Customers who already have a 24 month or longer warranty period will be covered under their existing standard HP Limited Warranty"

If your symptoms occured within 24 months after your original warranty began, and you notified HP in time, then you're eligible for the program if your symptoms include those on the list, which the Wireless problem discussed here is. You will find the every system affected by this and the other problems are all HP systems with an AMD Turion processor, which has been a nightmare for HP. If you want to avoid problems in the future, stay with Intel based systems.

If you submitted your system for a repair to HP for a symptom covered under the LWSE program and were charged for it, then you're eligible for a reimbursement if you show them you were wrongly charged. Remember that any affected system has to be submitted under the program, and not regular HP Support. Also, if you can show your system had the symptoms covered under the LWSE program and HP failed to fix it under that program but processed it through regular Support channels, you might be able to still get it fixed if you show they were in error and failed to fix it under the proper program which has established requirements and procedures. If you think you fit into one of these descriptions, don't bother with a first level contact - ask to speak to a Supervisor, and make sure you get names of who you speak with, and document what is discussed. If you get nothing, there are other channels to pursue.

If your system is covered under the LWSE program and the 2 years since the start of your Warranty hasn't yet expired, then you need to contact the Program, and not HP's regular support in order to get it taken care of. If your system has an AMD Turion CPU, and it has the symptoms described here, then it's likely your Product # is in fact on the list - whether or not you're still eligible is the question.

Primarily of the Ancient School -Training by HP, NASA, & the U.S. Submarine Force

HP Pavilion HDX 9300 64-bit Dragon, Core 2 Extreme X9000 2.8ghz | 8gb DDR2 RAM | 512MB 8800M GTS
Vista Ult. 64 | Linksys Dual-Band N Network | DriveSavers Agent | Wiki Answers Supervisor

"Professional Techs don't ask for Kudos or Points"

HP Recommended
ont it dont let me open the wireless assistant... for some reason its not working
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.