Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I finally solve the issue. I realize that windows system restore was active and restored my windows to a previous state before hp support assistance program applied the updates. Now my wireless network is bak, but I'm afraid to apply patches again and break it all over again.

-Rafael Mafra

HP Recommended

There is a simple solution.  Open Device Manager and go down to the Network Adapters.  Select your wireless adapter.  Right click on it and go to properties.  Enable

The light will turn white and the wireless adapter will work.

To get into device manager I right click on Computer and select Manage, the go to device maanger

Peace and best of luck

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. It was first thing I try. The thing is that network adapter show as enabled, ligth is white and it still did no work or appears in the ipconfig. Only way to restore it was to use windows system restore to restore to a previous restore point.

Rafael Mafra

HP Recommended

My wireless will shut off randomly. when it does that I have to go into device manager and disable it then re-enable it to make it so the button to turn it on or off will work again. is there anything I can do to fix this or do I just need to replace the card?

HP Recommended

If yuo upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 the buetooth does not work. If I do a system restore, it means I am going back to Windows 8. Why did MS bring Windows 8.1 ???

I cannot use Windows 8.1 as it very difficult for me to use it without the Start menu. Windows 8.1 atleast provides me that.

HP Recommended

This is for a windows 7 os laptop. its the wifi adapter not a bluetooth

HP Recommended

thanks man it worked

HP Recommended
HELP 911!!! Hi. My orange light is stuck on. When I try to connect to wifi it won't allow me to. I have tried everything please help. It keeps saying something about an ethernet cord. Please help I have assignments that need to be completed. Thanks in advance.
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem as aaprilknows and I am running Windows 10.  I have tried different versions of the driver, tried resetting Windows 10, tried re-installing the bios, and more.  I can say that, not only will the amber light not extinguish, but when you press the key the computer thinks in in airplane mode.  It will say airplane mode on, then airplane mode off when pressing the key.  Anyone have any solution?  All listed haven't worked for me.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Please tell me how your solution can be accomplished without  access to the internet ???

How can you go to ANY website to resolve a wireless problem without a wireless connection???  All you have is an offline laptop.  

I have an HP Pavillion G Series laptop with the same problem.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated (but only by my windows 10 on my laptop) to no avail.

I can't get online to download anything using the laptop when the wireless is not working.

I am sending this from a desktop as my wireless is not working.  If I have to replace the 802.11 wireless adapter, how hard is it to obtain one and do it myself?

Thanks,

[Personal Information Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.