Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ccasystems,

I understand that you have the same problem.

You are receiving an error message when turning the system on that the wifi card is not supported.  In order to move past this, you have to remove the wifi card.  It also looks like this started after a BIOS update.  If any of this is incorrect, please let me know.  

Are you currently using BIOS version F.66?

Does the issue persist with BIOS version F.65 found here?

Is it using the stock wifi card or was this replaced at some point?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hey everone if you have not figuer out the post wlan module (702) error,here is the reason hp black listed mini wireless adapter accept realtex,Atheros & intel these are white listed from my knowledge & experience with hp labtops..Now if its a Broadcom bcm43 device it's black listed now HP have known about this problem for a while.

White lists  BIOS = accepted you can pass post startup 😃

Black listed BIOS = you did not pass the key enter halt =(

1.Ask hp to release a new update patch to accept your new mini wireless card.

2.Their is a way to override this error,but you can brick your labtop all you have to do is h==)k your bios and delete the keys the in the config file an save make sure the checksum match or it will not work.

When you are successful you can put any mini wireless adapter into your units

now google it if you want to try it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.