Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
Both Shift keys are not working
Replies (63)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 11 of 64 (13,548 Views)

Re: Both Shift keys are not working

I think this is a common hp problem, i also have the same problem, did anyone find solution to the "SHIFT PROBLEM"?
Top Student
Message 12 of 64 (13,548 Views)

I think this is a common hp problem, i also have the same problem, did anyone find solution to the "SHIFT PROBLEM"?

Student
Message 13 of 64 (13,443 Views)

Dear Friends,

Please try using the keyboard language as English US as seen in keyboard and language in control panel

Top Student
Message 14 of 64 (13,138 Views)

Turn off the Wi-Fi and check if shift keys work.

Let me know if it works for you.
Top Student
Message 15 of 64 (13,138 Views)

SOLUTION:

Turn off the wifi and check if shift keys work.

Top Student
Message 16 of 64 (13,131 Views)

Solution:

I had the same issue after months of searching, I accidentally came across this solution or workaround - I turned off the wifi on my laptop and WOOF the shift key started to work.

Let me know if the same works for you.

Student
Message 17 of 64 (12,761 Views)

jasonsmith wrote:

Hi,

My laptop both the shift keys stopped working suddenly,I tried few possibilities like holding shift keys alternately and at a time for few minutes, and along with Ctl key,Alt key, but not solved my problem.Please suggest me.......as soon as possible.

Student
Message 18 of 64 (12,587 Views)

Both Shift keys are not working

Student
Message 19 of 64 (12,305 Views)

I have had my laptop repaired and now the shift keys don't work. is there something simple I can do.
Honor Student
Message 20 of 64 (11,302 Views)

SOLVED!!!
I have no idea what I did. But just a minute ago, my shift keys did not work. then I did some combination with ctrl fn shift and alt but i have no idea what cause it was out of frustration.
but if it helps, i believe we somehow did an fn lock. and if you unlock it everything goes back to normal. i think this because normally i have to press f12 to turn off wifi but this time i had to press fn + f12. so if you know how to unlock the fn then that seems to be the problem!
Hope I helped!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation