Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi folks,

I want to know whether I can upgrade graphics card of my laptop.

Now a days most of the high end games are not

working in my laptop and I'm pretty disappointed.

Please let me know whether I can do that. My laptop model is

HP Pavillion DV5 1106AX.

Laptop details 1laptop details2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately in most of today's notebooks (including yours), the graphics cannot be upgraded.

I looked at the service manual for your notebook, and there aren't even any other motherboards with better graphics available.

You can try the latest drivers from AMD to see if that helps, any but you can't do anything with the hardware.

Paul

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately in most of today's notebooks (including yours), the graphics cannot be upgraded.

I looked at the service manual for your notebook, and there aren't even any other motherboards with better graphics available.

You can try the latest drivers from AMD to see if that helps, any but you can't do anything with the hardware.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanx Paul...

seems like I got stuck up with laptop !

HP Recommended
same problem with me also. i have inbuilt amd radeon. but i want to switch to nvidia. i wish there is any external graphic card support :'(
HP Recommended

can my laptop change graphic card? mine was g4-1342tx

HP Recommended

Hi:

The video adapter on most HP notebooks cannot be upgraded without a complete exchange of the motherboard and that is only if there is a motherboard available with better graphics.

The costs attendant to exchanging a motherboard do not justify upgrading the video.

Better to sell the notebook you have and buy a new one with the graphics solution you want.

Paul

HP Recommended

can a dv6 be upgraded with a radeon 6490m 1gb dedicated           i52410m

HP Recommended

Hi:

I would need to know the full model of the dv6 you have.

Also if it can be done, it would not be done without replacing the entire motherboard.

The costs attendant to doing such a motherboard replacement would more than likely exceed the cost of buying a new notebook with the graphics solution you want.

Paul

HP Recommended

its a hp DV6 6060SA

HP Recommended

How do i know what motherboard should i buy? (part number)

DV2699EL

The video card is dead and I want to buy a new motherboard from ebay.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.