Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

it's my pleasure, tassy07. If you have more questions, you can contact me or by service@battery-center.net

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for tip. Its working fine for Pavilion dv6-6150us Entertainment PC.

U saved lot of time. Keep going

Thanks,

Padma

HP Recommended

My computer is plugged in, but it says "Plugged in, and not charging". I have already tried another AC adapter and followed the instructions on the forum to take battery out and uninstalled ACPI, then scanned for hardware changes. Nothing has worked. I need help!!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I know this post is a year from when it started but I had to thank you for the info on how to get my battery to charge. I was having the same problem and had no idea what to do. Thankfully this helped and now my batter is charging.

Again thanks for your help. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

It didnt work, I tried it and then my computer charged for about 4 minutes then stopped again

HP Recommended

so do i have to buy a new battery if i do this? i got my new laptop about 4 days ago and it was the one on display ( last one in stock) so i dont want to have to buy a new battery already. will this work without screwing up my battery? thanks 🙂

HP Recommended
will this work for g61-336nr
HP Recommended

@tbrycejohnson wrote:
will this work for g61-336nr

No harm in trying, no guarantee it will solve your problem, but does for most.

HP Recommended
Where do I find the info on the battery to uninstall? Thanks, and sorry, can't figure out
HP Recommended

I am having same problem. I tried directly on AC adapter after removing battery. laptop doesnt power up on AC adapter without battery.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.