Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been experiencing the message about the cooling fan ever since I had to restore my computer back to factory setting in July of last year. I bought the computer in May of 2012. When I got the message, I was of course concerned and looked up possible solutions. Like I posted before, my computer has the HI-Sense Cooling feature. and my computer barely gets warm, even after being on and in use all day and night. I have tried using a paper clip bent straight to hold the fan blade and blowing compressed air to clean the fan, but still get the message. Also tried shutting down, removing the battery and the cmos battery, Still got the message but not all the time. I am not a computer wiz, but it appears to me, that whatever program that sends the cooling fan message is checking the cooling fans status before the cooling fan has had a chance to turn on, since when I hit {Enter} after getting the colling fan message, the computer starts up and the fan turns on. HP support was not able to help me with this problem. Their diagnosis was either the fan was faulty or dust? But as I said, I started getting this message and the computer was only 2 months old, still fresh out of the box!

Altho is it annoying to be constantly getting the message, whenever I do get it, I just ignore it and hit [Enter] , but you might want to feel your computers exhaust outlet every so often to make sure that your computer is not over-heating, because your fan has failed!  It's also a good idea to make sure that the exhaust outlet is not blocked by anything (ie, pillow, blanket, books, )

HP Recommended
Could you please give me the exact model number of your notebook?

You can use the following document if you need assistance in finding it.

http://goo.gl/GDeRb
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Kyle,

The exact model # is: A6X16UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Try updating the BIOS for your notebook.

Here is a direct link to the BIOS update for your notebook: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-112542-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Try that and let me know if you are still getting the error message. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Kyle,

Is this Bios update specific to the cooling fan error message? I have downloaded Bios update twice already and each time after the Bios update my computer runs extremely slow, freezes up and stops responding. All kinds of problems , and start-up can take 10 minutes or more and yes, I still get the cooling fan error message. Then I have to restore my computer to before the Bios update and the computer runs normal again.

Clyde

HP Recommended

Well a system restore wont remove the BIOS update. It has nothing to do with Windows, the only way to go back to the old BIOS update is to download an older version and roll back to that one. 

However I was able to find a document pertaining to your specific issue. 

It recommends cleaning the notebook of dust and trying a hard reset. Here are the steps for the hard rest: 

1. Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.

2. Press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.

3. Plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)

4. Press the power button.

If those steps don't resolve the issue, it might actually be a hardware issue.

Here is a direct link to the document: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03620929

Signature
HP Recommended

i am what doing now my lap top plz  reply sir 

HP Recommended

anvarktp, I'm sorry I'm not understanding the issue you're having or what exactly the issue is.

"i am what doing now my lap top plz  reply sir"

Could you please give a little more information about the issue you're having or the questions you have.

THX

HP Recommended

This could be a couple of things - 1 fan is bad - 2 fan is not plugged in - 3 board slot for fan power is bad.  Check to see if its plugged in 1st.  if it is - then either the fan is bad - or the board is bad.  If you are under warranty - call HP they will likely send you the fan - but may have you send the machine to them.  Also if the fan was unplugged - you will need to let the system cool off before you start it up again...else the error message will still display cause the temps on the board are still too high.  Chances are if the fan is unplugged/damaged - your system probably hit 100 degrees celcius and the fail safe for that is shut down /prevent turn on till temps are back to normal - this is why you might get it and you might not...

HP Recommended

Me to but my fan wont spinat all and by the way every person i know who has an hp laptop said his happened to them and when they got new ones it just happened again and also i trun mine on and cpu usage is at 100% if an hp suport guy is reading this please email me[Personal Information Removed]

[Content Removed]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.