The HP Community is here for you.
05-16-2009 09:08 PM
05-17-2009 02:55 AM
to fix this problem
*you need to have internet connection for this step
1. disconnect the hdmi cable
2. go to dev mgr
3. uninstall all sound devices
4. on dev mgr click action, then scan for hard ware changes to allow automatic re-installation of the sound devices
5. go to hp.com, support and drivers tab, download drivers and software and put the p/n on the designated box
6. you need to make sure what the correct operating system that you are using whether its vista 32 bit or vista 64 bit\
7. install latest audio driver, chipset family driver, and bios updates NOTE: install drivers one-at-a-time to avoid problems during installation
8. for CTO notebooks, you need to make sure either you have Intel, NVDIA, or ATI graphics chipset driver.... hdmi audio is usually attached on the graphics chipset family driver
9. restart the nb
10. re-connect the hdmi cable
11. look for the volume icon , right click , click on playback devices, set the HDMI audio as default if it will not do automatic configuration.... NOTE: this is the best practical way to configure sound bec there are cases that when you removed the cable it will still be set to hdmi thus no sound will come fr the defaukt speakers of the nb.
12. for the display you can toggle the display by fn+f4 key but wil intel you wld need to configure it first to work.. to do that right click on the desktop and go to graphic options and set output to Notebook+Digital television, you can also set it to extended display or not by going to disply properties or set it on the graphics control panel.. you have a lot of options actually...
Hope this helps..
11-11-2011 08:43 PM
I had the same problem after an update and uninstalled office 2010 sp1 update and my hdmi port works again, not sure if it will work for you, i have a radeon hd 6700m but try it