Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

And I have done every step known to correct this issue...

HP Recommended

Same issue 2 years withoutwifit connectivity

HP Recommended

A follow up to post #68, it has been over 1 month and the laptop is still fine. Every now and then you can tell that it struglles with a connection, but will onw automatically connect a few seconds later. Unlike before where I would lose connection ant then have to manually disconnect and then reconnect.

HP Recommended

Same issue.  Loading Wndows 10 actually made it worse.  The amazing thing to me has been some of the hp responses I have seen refers to the wiring being backwards from factory and you should fix that yourself before doing other things.  Seriouls, a known issue and we should open the case and reroute wires? Frustrating enough that i finally bought a USB adapter.  

HP Recommended
Sorta side note: for me just to log into this site and echo the complaints in this thread was an issue. The "password" field to site would not let me Capitalize the first letter of my password (seriously...??). I had to cut and paste it into the "password" field. Maybe something non-HP, but at this point, willing to point the finger nonetheless.

A computer that can't connect to the internet these days is as about as valuable as an etcha-sketch. That I to get on my phone and read blogs as about this problem means I will *never* buy HP again. Let alone the fact they're not even TRYING to address the issue
HP Recommended

Facing the same problem.. i have been using HP branded desktop and laptops since 1998.. this is for the first time HP disappointed me..

automatically wifi disconnects... this is so rediculous..

and WIFI adapter is  Ralink RT3290.

please help me!!! if not HP then god!!

HP Recommended

Same issue here. Really infuriating as the wifi keeps dropping. I have an Envy 4-1115DX model with Qualcomm Atheros adapter.  Full signal throughout house and ipad etc doesn't suffer from the same issues. Win 10 has made it worse! Come on HP - how do we fix this issue? Is there a software of hardware issue??

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I have tried everything I read on these threads with no resolve. I have spent more time trying to get a solution for this problem than I have actually using the computer. HP really needs to provide a solution.

I have a HP Envy 15 Notebook PC, with Windows 7 on it and the Wifi Hardware is
Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter.

Awaiting a positive solution from HP. 

HP Recommended

Follow up to my last post.  After several hours with HP Online Chat, they sent me a new wireless card.  It arrived, with no instructions on how to install it (i'm a lawyer - I have no idea).  So back with chat, and they email me a link to a SEVENTY EIGHT PAGE manual, and tell me to follow the steps on page 38 (which refer to several other pages in the manual). These steps entail removing the HARD DRIVE and other sensitive components.  I actually attempted it, removing over a dozen tiny little screws, until I managed to strip a screw that was particularly intransigent.  

Back with Chat, they tell me I'll either have to send in my laptop (not an option - I need a working laptop at home), or charge me $50 to send a technician out to do it.  Technician comes, finds that wireless card is not even installed properly, and has been flapping around.  (This was easy to see, btw, once he pointed it out - it's right there when you take off the cover.)

Four days into it, the laptop has not "forgotten" it has wireless.  However, it DOES frequently forget to "automatically" (despite my settings) connect to my modem, and for whatever reason, likes to disconnect itself. 

Better.  But not right.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.