Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have an HP mini note 2133 and when I try and turn it on, the power button lights up, but the screen is blank and it will not boot up (I don't even hear the fan). It's not the AC adapter because it does light up. HP recommends that I reseat the memory module but I can't get the laptop open. I have no idea how to open it and I don't really understand what "reseating" the memory means. Is it just not placed correctly? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue and found the info on Youtube, see below link. I will try to fix mine tonight and let you know how it goes. if you get to yours let me knwo if it worked.

T

HP Recommended

Hi Trig,

Unfortunately, I am having the same issue. The link you pasted into your message is not displayed.. do you remember which link it was?

Thanks

Dirk

HP Recommended

hello all

I have same problom in mini 2133

please help me

and i think it need recovery bios but i can't it

thanks%

HP Recommended

Check out this link: http://eeepc.net/hp-mini-note-2133-getting-black-screens/

It appears that the 2133 has a manufacturing flaw. Quite a substantial owners are having the same problem

HP Recommended

i also have the same issue i tried opening it up unplugged the hdd and ram still no response ..... ill tell you how to open it then give me a buzz at ym for any developments tnx .....

to open it is remove the battery pack underneath is 3 screws remove all of them then once removed  lift the lcd monitor so you will be able to remove the keyboards .... to remove the keyboards is by lifting it up from top and pushing a little on both sides to un clam it then gently pull it up cause theres a flex connecting it on the moboard ..... if you have fixed you'rs pls buzz me or let me know [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Mine resurrected!

• Mine was practically dead for a couple of months
  • Power charging LED is ok, when I turn the power on, only the blue power lights up, the rest of the LEDs are dead
  • Was already thinking to dispose it since warranty's over, I bought it as the last display unit for US$300
  • For some reason I decided to leave it charging this afternoon and use it as a USB power charger for my mobile phone (I have no wall charger for my phone)
  • After awhile the blue power led started blinking! (and I noticed the 2133 was hot)
  • My phone stopped charging I removed it, and decided to open 2133 and hit the power on
  • All the LEDs lit up and it was blank for a very long time-- but now there's HD and fan activity. I've put on the USB fan cooler. Still, blank screen
  • I pressed FN + Sleep, It went to blinking power LED mode again
  • Hit the power button again and it resurrected!

PS. Before it died here's what happened:

• I left a movie playing, 2133 is on battery (usually it sleeps well and turns on well so I always do this)
  • Then suddenly it won't turn on again even after trying 2 different batteries, direct AC charging, or just on battery mode (tried this so many times)
  • Practically it was dead for more than 2 months

HP Recommended

try cleaning the your memory coppers (the golden color part of the memory) with an eraser, both sides, or borrow memory from your friends and try it on, your memory is DDR2 so you have to look for DDR2 memory ...if it does'nt work maybe the graphic chip your laptop has a problem, mind looking an hp service center in your place, they can fix it.

click the star if my reply helped you

mark this thread solved if my reply solved your problem.

HP Recommended
  • same problem
  • seems to have started after a windows upgrade...but could be unrelated
  • popped out key board and found that the fan will fire up...
  • still only getting the blue power LED
  • that orange button above the touch pad will turn on and off
  • appears to charge my ipod through the USB...

but still as dead as a dodo (no disrespect to extinct birds)

anyone thought about the micro switch in the hinge that sets the machine to sleep mode when you close the lid.... how would acces that to see if it works?

HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem.  Anyone here have a solution?  I just upgraded the Mini to Windows 7.  

I tried the freezer.  It won't go to Bios by pressing F8?

Please help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.