Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv2214 and as best as I can find mine has a problem with the Lid Actuator Switch.  I have lights, fan, and it works with another monitor. Found this online:   If you power it down holding the button about 30 seconds, remove the battery, and start it back up with the lid at about 45 degrees it will start up with the screen (sometimes I have to slightly wiggle it during start up). Don't let it go to sleep!   I cannot however figure out how to access or replace my switch.  Mine doesn't look like the one on HP Support. 

HP Recommended

hi i'm bullet ghimire from (U.A.E.) ihave problem with my Dv2000 when i power it on the blue lights show an i can her the fan but the screen remains blank only not show anything in screen  can you  help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Never buy hp laptop 

HP Recommended
I have the same issue I replace the motherboard and replace the screen and still nothing any more ideas??
HP Recommended

remove the battery and charger, press and hold the power botton, while holding the power botton connect the charger until it will auto switch on and you can hear the fan turning on continuesly and wait until it recover. the problem is you have a corrupted bios.

HP Recommended

ASALAM O ALIKUM! buddies take a fresh breath and go to nearest computer reparing shop and ask technishion plsease make some heat to vga chip . inshaALLAH after this your computer working good ! SALAM

HP Recommended

I tried all the options but still no avail. the fan will not even run, only blue lights are on...

HP Recommended
please i have same problem too tell me any thing that will help
HP Recommended

Hello everyone. I understand your computer is not starting up properly, and is showing a black screen. I will do my best to help! Please begin troubleshooting by following the troubleshooting in this HP document for resolving problem with notebook displays. Refer to the "No Image on screen, screen is blank" section.

Please understand that you will have to contact HP, since the issue is based on faulty hardware. Their options will be based on the warranty status of the computer. If you do not have this information, you can locate it at this website: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/wc/home?ac.admitted=1384280905804.876444892.199480...

You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Will the screen return once the fan stop running.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.