Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (8,826 Views)

HP Simple Save Problem

Hey Guys,

One week ago I bought a HP simple save 1TB external HDD

I immedeatly started with backing up my data. After some days i switched die Harddrive on again.

Everything seemed normal. 

But what was that? While operating i lifted the external drive a little bit and I thought "o man what is going on?"

Die Harddrive restarted during that. I said to myself: What if do that a little bit more  perhaps turning the harddrive 180° while lifting?

Well, the HDD shut down. I put it on the desk again and 2 secs after that the HDD started again.

I know thats nothing you do normally with HDD but something like that must not happen.

Cursing aroung I prepared to delete the data and bring it back  to the shop. But then I stopped. What if it whas a feature?

What if the HDD does something like self-protecting it against external influences?

Thats why im posting here ?

Maybe somebody else experienced that?

kr

Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,598 Views)

Re: HP Simple Save Problem

MY HP Simple Save Problem  is the power light come on and goes of in a second

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation