Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Angelofdeath,

I would be happy to assist with the drivers for your HP Truevision HD Webcam for Windows 7. Please let me know what is your model number? Here is a link that will help you find that out.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&softwareitem=da-112024-1&sw_la...

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

😃

HP Recommended

I have the same problem (no truevision hd webcam installed) and just got off the phone with HP's support.  Was just told that I probably deleted it.  Guarantee that I didn't.  Nothing like support passing the blame to customers to avoid HP's responsibility.  Anyway, went through the driver & App reinstall and there is no truevision HD driver software.  Appears that truevision driver never installed.  Guess it's my fault for waiting until after warranty to try to use it.  

I tried finding it on HP website with no luck.  Any direct links to it?

HP Recommended
thanks for the link to the drivers. How do I determine which version I have?
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv7-6143cl Entertainment Notebook PC
Serial Number: {Personal Information Removed}
Product Number: LW181UA
Which of 10 truevision drivers in link you provided do I need to install?

HP Recommended

HI amicklaw,

Thank you for your query.

I will do my utmost to assist you!  I understand you are having an issue with,your Webcam not being recognized  Here is a link to  Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7, that I believe will assist you. Please let me know the result.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hey Everyone,

We've been having issues with this for months.  We can't find drivers for the TrueVision webcam anywhere.  However, we came across a similar post where someone found an answer.

We have an HP DV6.  Even though the Device manager didn't show the webcam in the list, the drivers were still on it....but it turned out to be a hardware issue.

Apparently this is a VERY common issue.  It turns out, the webcam wires pulled out a little bit.  The computer lost it's connection to the webcam.

We watched this video to remove the bezel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__dxZeOS6ac

I advise that you follow the process to remove the bezel.  Look at the white connector next to the webcam, if it is pulled out a little bit.  Push it back in.  That's all we had to do - restarted the computer and the drivers showed up and YouCam software worked perfectly.

Good luck. 

HP Recommended

@hi_and wrote:

Thanks. I actually tried the recovery manager, but it always fails.

my webcam not work

HP Recommended

Try this link it may help.  It looks to be the 1.9.2.0 HP Webcam driver 32/64 bit for Vista through Win 8.

Good luck.

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.soft82.com/get/download/windows/hp-webcam/

HP Recommended
help me
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.