Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (52,055 Views)

HP USB Docking Station HSTNN-S01X video issue

I have had this working with my Dell laptop running vista for a couple of months. I currently only use the audio jack, network jack, and usb ports. I have never used an exterior monitor with it. Have not had problems with video before.

Last night I unplugged from docking station, everything had been working fine. This morning I plug it in, and it goes to a blank screen. I unplug it, and I have video again. Reboot, rinse, repeat. No video.

I cannot find any support for this product, and the user guide tells me to call Microsoft Support through the Help and Support menu.

Suggestions appreciated.

Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (51,537 Views)

Re: HP USB Docking Station HSTNN-S01X video issue

I had a similar problem and went directly to the DisplayLink.com web site. http://www.displaylink.com/support/index.php

They have a complete list of drivers for various OS's.

Student
Message 3 of 4 (50,774 Views)

After upgrading to Windows 7 and installing HSTNN-S01X, I received an error message stating that HP USB Video was not installed. As a result I am unable to use external monitors connected to the docking station. I have downloaded DisplayLink's drivers with no results. Can you help??

Student
Message 4 of 4 (17,465 Views)

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

above link fixed my windows8 hp driver/software no second screen via hstnn-s01x docking. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation