Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

receive message 'need to install HP client security manager 8.1 or later before installing Device access manager for hp protect tools where do I find it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the link to download HP Client Security Manager VERSION: 8.1.0.1451

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61498.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Here is the link to download HP Client Security Manager VERSION: 8.1.0.1451

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61498.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Thank you 'perfect'!!!
HP Recommended

dont work.   I can not update to 8.1 cos system need unistall HP security manager. 

I uninstall it and I dont have it in list of installed programs anymore but it is still in metro menu!! 

So I can not uninstall it more as it is now but system need some kind of total unstainstall hp security manager.

I can not solve this problem so I can not update to 8.1.

I download that file from ftp from the post as "solution" and I tried update to win 8.1 with it and also after uninstall it but upgrade still show me same error "you need to uninstall hp security manager"

how can I make some king of total uninstall of that crap soft HP SM ????? Please help me, I want make update to win 8.1

HP Recommended

Hi ludovit8

I would try running  the Microsoft Fix It tool to see if it fix this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/

You can check out this previous post message 9 to see if this will resolve your issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Removing-HP-ProtectTools/td-p/8...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/201715-hp-protect-tools-security-manager-won-t-uninstall-prior-u...

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

hi ludovit8,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do.  This is not an update to Windows 8.1 operating system, for that you have to buy from Microsoft.  This is for an update to 'HP Protect Tools Security Manager' for certain HP Laptops.

Is that what you want?  The HP Protect Tools Security Manager version 8.1.0.1451?  Also why are you looking to update your Security Manager, did you receive an email from HP suggesting you update?

Before you update to this version, it's important to know what computer you have, the update may not be for your computer.

What laptop do you have and what BIOS is installed.

Once I have that information I can explain how to install this update.

You mention you want to delete some HP programs, why can't you?  You can delete anything you want, but have to follow certain proceedures, if you are not familiar with computers, it's best to just leave the programs installed.

HP Recommended

ok, fix helped. thx

HP Recommended
@ Vince-K:
IF I can not uninstall HP SM I was trying to fix it and I found solution that new version of HP SM can fix it. But it doesnt help. The only one thing which help me was using fix for uninstall by Gemini02

but thx you too.
HP Recommended

Hi Vidya .. I have already installed hp protect tools , Hp client trust circles , and now installed what you recommended i.e hp client security manager 8.1 ... but still i am not able to complete installing device access manager as the same error re pops asking me to installed client security manager 8.1 .. what shall i do in this case ?

HP Recommended

Hi alizafari009,

To correct this.

uninstall HP Protect Tools, HP client Security Manager, and Device Access Manager, HP Client Trust Circles.

Restart your laptop and now

Install 'HP Client Security Manager'  first, Do not install HP Protect Tools as it has been replaced by the HP Client Security Manager.

Now reinstall  HP Client Trust Circles and the Device Access Manager vs. 8.0.0.4      in search type in   sp61442   which will give you the correct updated Device Access Manager.

The HP Client Security Manager must be installed on your laptop before installing the other updates.

BE SURE TO CLICK THE 'KUDOS' TO THE LEFT OF THIS MESSAGE.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.