Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 8 (38,515 Views)

How do I find out the exact kind of computer I have? Need to replace hard drive!

Hello,

My computer is still under warranty and I need to replace my hard drive ASAP. I have a Notebook Pavilion dv6, but in order to email HP for support, I need to know even more specifics than this. For example, how do I tell if my computer is a "HP Pavilion dv6-6b19wm Entertainment Notebook PC" as opposed to a "HP Pavilion dv6-6b21heEntertainment Notebook PC."

Any method that includes turning my computer on won't work because my hard drive is fried.

Thanks and I would love to get an answer ASAP.

Provost
Message 2 of 8 (38,511 Views)

Re: How do I find out the exact kind of computer I have? Need to replace hard drive!

Hi:

Please enter the product number in the box at the link below and you should get the support and driver page for your specific model.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

The product number is found on the same sticker on the bottom of your notebook as the serial number.

Paul

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (38,484 Views)

Re: How do I find out the exact kind of computer I have? Need to replace hard drive!

I have to pop out my battery and the labeling is under it.

Top Student
Message 4 of 8 (7,854 Views)

Hi Paul I'm Toni I'm having almost the same issue. My laptop will not work. I have to press the esc button in order to even get into in wen I do I can not trouble shut it successfully I did a chkdsk /f then a chkdsk /r. And that told me that it's not enough space to repair the bad cluster. I hope I'm saying that right. Needles to say my laptop shut down b4 I could save any of my school and business stuff. I'm posting this using my phone. Anyway I'm now able to run a long dst(oh it also said that my dst short failed) do that's y I'm doing a long dst test now. Ok do u think I may need s new hard drive for real? And can it b just clean cause if I get a new 1 all my school and business file will b gone right? I can save now back then up now cause I'm blocked out to do anything. Is there a way that I can save my info and still have my laptop fixed. Ok I hope your able to contact back with me I know this is a old forum.
Toni
Top Student
Message 5 of 8 (7,853 Views)

I'm not even sure what type of laptop I have. But here is the product#-F5Y27UA#ABA
model#-15-d89wm(I think that a m could b a n)
I don't know if it need this but the serial #is-5CB35124P9
PLS PLS HELP IF U CAN!!
Toni
Top Student
Message 6 of 8 (7,852 Views)

Oh and I'm not still under warranty! Now I wish I did keep it!
Associate Dean
Message 7 of 8 (7,842 Views)

Tonib2 wrote:
Oh and I'm not still under warranty! Now I wish I did keep it!

And?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
Top Student
Message 8 of 8 (7,835 Views)

And? I'm screwed cause my laptop is not functioning and I have a business to ruin and school work to do. And have no idea what to do I needed help with my issue. Thank u so much for ur input VERY helpful!!
And? Uh!
Such a nice, wonderful and warm response!! I wish u well!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation