Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,696 Views)

How to detect fingerprint scanner?

Ok, so I'm in quite of a fickle. Currently I'm using an HP HDX 18 laptop, and ran into a problem with an operating system on one of the two harddrives. So I clean installed Windows 7 onto the DSmiley Very Happyata harddrive and have been doing fine since. Now I'm trying to find all of the software stuff that I have on the other harddrive but not on the clean install Windows 7, such as the fingerprint scanner, webcam, and quick access buttons. I have the latest Digital Personal (and it still works fine on the other harddrive) but it cannot detect the fingerprint scanner. I can access the fingerprint startup program on the log in screen too, but it only allows me to get to the windows password page before saying "invalid parameters" to everything I type. So my question is how to get Digital Persona to detect the fingerprint software? Do I need some sort of driver for the fingerprint reader itself?

And if possible, is there a package that would allow me to install everything that came with my laptop? 

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,673 Views)

Re: How to detect fingerprint scanner?

I think the Digital Persona Software should work with the Fingerprint Sensor Driver.

Here is the Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (for Vista 32 and 64):

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp44001-44500/sp44089.exe

Hope it works ; )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation