Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Product name: HP Pavilion g6

Serial: 5CG1420CWY

I've plugged my new pavilion g6 to TV with HDMI cable but I've got no video on TV. TV displays error message "no signal". Screen properties window doesn't detect TV. I've tried different modes - duplicate, extend, projector only - neither of the work,

The same TV / cable work fine with my ACER notebook - I just needed to plug the cable and I see picture on a screen.

Is it bug in settings which requre driver update or something like it, or is it a defect in my notebook? I want to resolve it ASAP because otherwise I need to return it.

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi,

G6 sreies has many models, what is your model ? Please try this (you may have to try few times):

With the right cable, please try these steps

(a) Turn OFF both TV and laptop
   (b) Connect cable both ends
   (c) Turn ON the TV, use TV menu to accept signals from PC (laptop)
   (d) Turn ON the laptop, go to Display settings you should see TWO screens (1 and 2), select the TV

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
yes i have the same problem with a HP Pavilion g6 and i have tried that?
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with HP G6 except the computer recognizes the HDMI cable and shows apicture of the TV in devices but when I turn the TV on it disappears from the computer...I've called all the manufacturers from the TV people to the computer people to outside techs...Can someone tell me if there is a solution...

HP Recommended
I have exactly the same problem, and have tried every 'solution' I could find - no success. It worked perfectly until JAN 13, then suddenly didn't.. I suspect a software update killed it, but rolling back didn't fix it either. Come on HP, how about some help?
HP Recommended

Same problem with me..

Tv/Monitor not receiving signal, and laptop display blank..

Any support from HP?

HP Recommended

Hello Altug,

What is your product number and operating system?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
I've g6 1201-tx and HDMI works flawlessly with my HDTV.

Select HDMI input using Remote of TV.

Make sure your graphics drivers are enabled and up-to-date.

After connecting HDMI cable, launch Intel Graphics properties, to see if external display is supported or not.

Don't use F4 key, it may have problem.

Go to Control panel>Display>Connect to a Projector.

Let me know of this fixes issue.

|___________________________|
HP Recommended

Hello,

In my Intel Graphics menu it says (Monitors / TV settings not supported).

I have the same problem in connecting to TV through HDMI cable on windows 8. I have Pavilion b130sa - ultra book.

Any help pleaseeeeeeeeee?????

HP Recommended

I have a pavillion dv71150us laptop product fs148ua#aba,  cannot get hdmi output onto TV hdmi port.  Tried Fn F4 multiple times  monitor screen goes dark momentarilly but no switchover to tv.

Any suggestions??

budpro 

reachable AT          {Personal Information Removed}

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.