Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have tried everything to get into my laptop.  The password I had set up will not work for some reason..  Is there anyway I can by pass this and get into my laptop.

I bought a HP Pavilion dv6z Quad Edition - Windows 7

Prod. No. - LK237AV  64-Bit

Please help.

I do have two disks that came with laptop.  I have tried to used them to start over, but the disks don't seem to want to run.

I am obviously doing something wrong.

Help.

and Thank You

Leila I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To do a fresh install (you will lose files) try tapping /holding the F11 key immediately after powering on the laptop to boot into Recovery partition on hdd to start over with a fresh  Factory settings. If it offers 'System Restore' at any point, decline and choose System Recovery.

OR>>Read the guide on using PC Login Now to clear your password>>>

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/pcloginnow.htm

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

To do a fresh install (you will lose files) try tapping /holding the F11 key immediately after powering on the laptop to boot into Recovery partition on hdd to start over with a fresh  Factory settings. If it offers 'System Restore' at any point, decline and choose System Recovery.

OR>>Read the guide on using PC Login Now to clear your password>>>

HP Recommended

Here I collect some popular solutions to help reset HP laptop password if your laptop installed Windows system such as Windows 7/Vista/XP.

Solution 1 Reset HP laptop password by another user account with administrator privilege.

Solution 2 Reset HP laptop password with Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor.

Solution 3 Reset HP password with professional password recovery tool.

If you do not have another administrator account on HP laptop or you have little experience in Windows or LUNIX operations, you can use Windows Password Rescuer to help reset HP password without lose date. This software was provided by DAOSSOFT corperation, it supports HP laptop password recovery in Windows 7/Vista/XP and HP computer installed Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000.

HP Recommended

The first thing you should do is check whether you really forget login password or not. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account “Administrator” and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:

You can get into the Safe Mode to reset your account password from “Control Panel -> User Accounts”. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.
But note that it just appears when you have enable it before or there is not other admin account exist.
Windows 7 also provide another method to recover forgotten Password by using “Reset Disk”. If you created a Password Reset Disk in Past, you can use that disk to reset the password.

[Content Removed]

HP Recommended
I forgot my password to my laptop so i came on here to see how can i reset my password. I wanted to say thank very much for your help =]...God Bless you.
HP Recommended

I forgot my password to my computer and i dont remember my password i tryed everything and i dont have a disk for my laptop and i tryed everything for it but it does not seem to work can you please help me i dont know what to do because its my school laptop.

HP Recommended

@meganboo

Read the guide on using PC Login Now>>>

HP Recommended

If for WIndows 7, You can bypass Windows 7 password with Windows 7 password recovery.

Step 1: Download Windows Password Rescuer Personal and install it to a computer which you can access. Start it and create a Windows password bypass disk with CD/DVD or USB.
1. Insert a writable CD or plug in an blank USB flash drive
2. Select the right burning option of burning and your Drive name
3. Click Burn button to start burning, this procedure will cost you about one minute
4. After successfully complete burning, take out your disk.

Step 2: Insert the Windows password bypass disk to your computer. Boot the computer from CD-ROM or USB.

Step 3: After boot from your bypass disk, Windows Password Rescuer will start automatically. Then you can remove whichever user password.
1. Select an user account from list and click Reset Password.
2. Click Yes when a confirm massage pops up, and your administrator password will be removed.
3. Now you have successfully remove your Windows 7 forgotten password(show blank). You can redo 1 and 2 procedure to remove other user's password.
4. Now click Reboot > eject your CD/USB and click Yes when a dialog appears. Then you can logon Windows 7 without password.

HP Recommended

What should I do to have my laptop start again so as I can access to my files

HP Recommended

I cant open my laptop. What should i do

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.