Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought a hp pavilion dv6-6154tx laptop in last month.my laptop developed a peculiar problem. When I connect my charger to it, it starts charging but after sometime it stops and the battery icon shows "Plugged in, not charging". Then after some time it again starts.

Sudroid.co.cc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a BIOS update available that is specifically for the intermittent charging issue. I recommend installing it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try these steps might help you to resolve your issue.

1) Go to HP website and update the Bios on the unit.

2) Calibrating the Notebook Battery

3) How to Improve the Performance of the Battery

4) Checking the Status of the Battery

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

There is a BIOS update available that is specifically for the intermittent charging issue. I recommend installing it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have the same problem before, and I also buy the replacement for my Laptop Charger, i bought mine in www.genuinebatteries.com, and until now it doesn't give me any headaches in terms of its functioning. maintaining of good functioning of your laptop and its charger is on your hand, know some tips on how you maintain the proper functioning of it.

HP Recommended

In all of these forums, I have not seen a recommendation to update the BIOS. I have done everything else. I have a g7-340US that I purchased a little over a year ago, warranty is expired, and the indicator says that it's plugged in, charging, but no change in amount of battery. I purchased a new battery, and it does not charge that one either. I did the HP Support Battery and it says I have to Calibrate the battery, but if I have 5% life, it wouldn't calibrate. I uninstalled the ACPI Battery, followed the instructions, and still no results. I have resigned that perhaps the charging circuitry on the mobo has failed, until I found your recommendation to update the BIOS, I will f/u tonite or tomorrow on the update. THANKS!!!!

HP Recommended

I'm a repair tech, and it sounds like one of three things:

1. Battery itself no longer functions

2. Laptop Charger has inadequate amperage

3. The motherboard is defective (most likely).

If you have another battery, or a friend with the same battery, you can try that first (and someone else's laptop charger).

If the problem is the motherboard, you can try to have it repaired but I don't trust many companies to do this kind of work.  I outsource my motherboard jobs to a company called Laptop Rescue (http://www.laptoprescue.com/laptop-repair-2/).  Coincidentally, they also sell laptop chargers in case that's the problem.  Hopefully it's just a charger or battery issue and not a mobo.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

my g7 did the same thibg this morning, updated bios and now it seems to have cured the prob

HP Recommended

I am having a smilar problem with my hp pavilion g4 laptop and the bios update did not seem to work

HP Recommended

What should I do if I cannot download the update (I get a warning message "Cannot Check Platform ID")?

Help please!

HP Recommended

I tried to download the BIOS, but it keeps saying error: could not obtain ID

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.