Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just bought a HP Pavilion DM4-2015dx laptop a few days ago.  Turning it on this morning, it won't boot and the Caps Lock light  is blinking.  I have searched the HP site and Google for a solution to the problem and have found nothing to tell me what the blinking light means or why it won't boot up.  Does anyone have an idea of what the blinking light on the Caps Button means?

140 REPLIES 140
HP Recommended

I have the Pavilion dv7 124Ous and this is the second time this has happened to me. The first time I replaced the battery and that seemed to work fine. But now it's not working on line I found this out about the blinking lights, There is a list of 7 things it could be.... Cpu Failure, Bios Failure, General Board System Failure.. 😞

HP Recommended

I found the list that explains the blinking lights.  It was a problem with the memory.  Replaced it and the laptop started  up. 

HP Recommended

Hey, just a suggestion - posting real solutions is a huge benefit to others using these forums. 

You came here for help.  You found a solution and a source.  Don't just hit and run -- leave some valuable information for others.  Thanks for posting that your particular solution was a memory problem.

Here's the source - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (04/26/2017)

My HP Laptop is a 2000-354NR that is about a month old,  After some HP Updates and restarting, The CapsLock key blinks once, 13 times, and the wireless key stays orange when it's powered up, but it won't boot.  It makes the sounds of a startup, and the fans powers up and whirs quickly for awhile, but nothing at all shows up on the screen.  It cycles through this process by itself a few times before stopping.  I will try swapping out the memory - it only has one 4GB module in it.  Hope that is the solution.  Bad memory will do this.  Will post my solution if I can solve this.

HP Recommended

so what was your solution the memory?

HP Recommended
The problem with mine was the panel on the back guarding the fan was jammed, so I snapped it back into place and it started up.
HP Recommended
Aaaand now it's not working…
HP Recommended
Ok I think I found it, the panel is broken, so I have to hold it in place when I start it up
HP Recommended

did you ever figure out what was wrong?

and have you fixed the problem? Let me know asap pls

HP Recommended

Hey all,

I have same problem, can you share the solution asap?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.