Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Fat fingers is the root of this problem:smileywink:.  CTRL-Shift toggles between normal and flaked out keyboard.  Pressing the two keys together should get your keyboard back to normal (or to krazykez). 

ALT-Shift may also do this.

HP Recommended

I was typing on my keyboard and all of the sudden I pressed the 'n' key and got nh7

NOW when...

pressing 2 gets 2/6

pressing 6 gets 2

pressing 4 gets 74

pressing 0 gets 7

pressing g gets bg

pressing h gets nh

pressing b get bg4

pressing 1 turns on cap lock

pressing the wireless prints a 9

perssing the speaker turns off the wireless

Is there anything I can do to stop this?

HP Recommended

Thanks we tried both and it didn't take it back to normal...any other thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been trying to find answers to my annoying HP laptop keyboard issues as well, and I stumbled on your question. I was directed to this website. It will help with your question.

http://www.pctips.smittystips.com/v_special_characters_laptop_keyboard.php  

some of it was useful to my situation, but what I was happy to read was how to access those blue characters on some of the keys! You press and hold CTRL+Shift + the question mark key (as an example), and you'll either get the question mark or the é. Press CTRL+Shift again, and your keyboard returns to normal. Finally, I found out how to access those blue keys!

I believe my keyboard hardware is wrong, and that`s why I can`t do other things that I`m having problems with...

but, I think this page might help you.

HP Recommended

Thank you worked for me. 

HP Recommended

Glad I could help someone else with this issue.

HP Recommended

My HP probook 4510s keybaord is giving me wrong commands,when typing G key gives me T,how do i fix this

HP Recommended

my pro book 4540 s has same issue with some main characters like "or " "hash " 

HP Recommended

Hi everyone, maybe someone can help me with some problems re my keyboard. Right shift key types an i on pressing, left shiFt key types a comma on pressing, left and right arrows are not functioning. sometimes a capital letter iS typed without pressing caps lock.

HP Recommended

Hello lepanto.  I understand your keyboard is not typing the correct characters.

Verify that you have the correct keyboard layout selected by following the steps in this Microsoft article.

Let me know the result and have a wonderful day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.