Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I solved the issue!!! it's simple.....It's a ram stick.....!!!!!!!

Here's an easy instructional video on how to fix it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHcuFjyBfE

It worked for me... my HP Laptop computer for days did not turn on! just the caps lock button continuously blinking and the orange wifi light on when I try to power on the computer! This happen about just a few days after my one year warranty expired! A conspiracy! But I overcame the issue and found the solution.....right before I bought another laptop for $500 dollars!

HP Recommended

it may not be the same issue.

it depends on how many times the caps lock light is flashing (with a long gap between these blinks).

pattern of one blink some seconds apart is a cpu issue (i think it is actually a motherboard issue shown as a cpu issue).

i did try all ram combinations regardless, no ram, one ram, second ram and both rams. nothing worked.

HP Recommended

Though I tried a lot of things offered on this forum, none worked and so I trashed the laptop and bought a new one.

Thank you.

EVW

HP Recommended

you did the right thing vanwick.

our time has value too. no point in getting worked up over a laptop. unless you enjoy all this. which i dont.

mine is sitting. will sell or keep the useful parts. hdd, dvd drive, ram r keeper for sure.

i will try to close the thread if i can.

HP Recommended

Thank you!!

A combination of taking the crappy thing apart and taking out the CMOS battery then replacing after a few mins, then the sweater trick to get the thing to boot and it reset the CMOS on boot and after a couple of tries to boot up (as it was overheated) and voila I can even shut it down and restart again: ))))))))). YAY \o/.

note: (I didn't wait for the thing to shut itself off but it was nearly at that point with the heat I think)

HP Recommended

Scratch that, it was a build quality fail nothing to do with the bios. It only starts up when it's hot already. Moral of the story is throw your hp crap in the trash and buy a Lenovo. Im sure HP knew it would fail when past warranty.

HP Recommended

radiator, this fix may not last long so do backup everyday ! is it worth the hassle?? i am going to build sff or htpc size desktop instead with parts from this useless laptop.

HP Recommended

This is to just say a million thanks.My caps lock light was blinking 5 times ad Hp described it as a general system failure.Well,I wrapped it in a blanket waited almost an hour ,it shutted off on its own. Waited about 10 minutes, pressed the on button and IT WAS WORKING AGAIN.For how long I don't know but A million thanks anyway.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.