Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I hope someone can help me!

I have an HPG60 notebook, HP G60-214EM..

Since the creation of the recovery disks few days ago, a pop-up from HP Product assistant continously comes up saying "the featureyou are to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insertthe "HP Product Assistant" disk and click ok.

No disk has been provided to me along with the notebook, therefore I've tried to click on "OK"and, being this unseccesful, on "cancel", also unsuccesful.

Then another pop-up comes saying "An installation package for the product HPProductAssitant cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package "HPProductAssistant.msi".

I've followed the instructions of HP Consumer Support, but it is suggested to download "Full Feature Software and Drivers package" which I can't find in the HP downloading page.

Where can I get this missing file?

Can somebody help? Please bear in mind that I'm not a pc expert.

Thank you very much.

Kindest regards,

Andrea

UK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please reference the following document as the one Daniel P had posted was not the correct solution for this issue. Daniel I edited your post and removed the link you originally posted

Please click here HP Product Assistance document

Thanks!

I worked for HP.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

This will help remove it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Pavilion DV7-1285dx Notebook, Windows 7 64bit, Intel X2 P8600 2.40GHz, Nvidia GeForce 9600M, 6GB RAM, 2x 500GB HD(s)
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've tried to run the installer cleanup as you suggest me, but I get an error message "permission denied".

My notebook has the following configuration:

HP G-60 214-EM

Windows Vista 32 bit homepremium, version 6, service pack 1

AMD Athlon dual-core QL-62 2GHz

NVIDIA GEForce 8200 MG

3GB RAM

Thanks!

Andrea

HP Recommended

hi,

Click on start and choose Run.

Type msconfig and press enter. Go to bottom run and find this software on the lis. Uncheck it on the left side and click ok that's all.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 04-22-2009 12:24 PM

Message Edited by DaniW on 06-18-2009 09:12 AM
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

in the "msconfig" there is no "HP Product Assistant". I've unchecked "HPWuSchd2", but does not solve the problem.

Thanks again,

Andrea

HP Recommended
Run as admin.

@qt57695 wrote:

Hello,

I've tried to run the installer cleanup as you suggest me, but I get an error message "permission denied".

My notebook has the following configuration:

HP G-60 214-EM

Windows Vista 32 bit homepremium, version 6, service pack 1

AMD Athlon dual-core QL-62 2GHz

NVIDIA GEForce 8200 MG

3GB RAM

Thanks!

Andrea

Pavilion DV7-1285dx Notebook, Windows 7 64bit, Intel X2 P8600 2.40GHz, Nvidia GeForce 9600M, 6GB RAM, 2x 500GB HD(s)
HP Recommended

OK. I have fixed this before in the past for desktops. If you have an hp printer you use follow the steps below.

This is what you need to do.

This is a problem related to the HP printer software/driver not installing properly/finishing properly.

So first disconnect the HP printer if u have one.

Next go to Control, Panel, Uninstall a Program or Programs and just remove the HP Desktop or Laserjet whatever printer you got and when it's finished restart the computer.

Once you log in, go online to hp.com search for your printer on the top right corner and put in your printer model number or product number name and click Drivers and Downloads and choose your Operating System and download and install the full package.

Be sure to save the file to your desktop and run it when finished. May take a while to download.

So when it's finished install it and during the middle of the installation it will ask you to turn on the printer and connect so do that when reboot when prompted to and wait for the installation to finish.

After this it should work fine and the error shouldn't come up.

Make sure you're able to print and that the printer is set to be the default printer in Control panel.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

problem solved with the cleanup!

Thank you

Regards

Andrea

HP Recommended

Thanks to all especially to Daniel.

HP Recommended

Please reference the following document as the one Daniel P had posted was not the correct solution for this issue. Daniel I edited your post and removed the link you originally posted

Please click here HP Product Assistance document

Thanks!

I worked for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.