Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My daughter's pavilion g6 wont connect to the internet.

It says "no connections are available" which is not true cause mine shows several available.

Can anyone help me fix this?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand that you are trying to get your daughters computer to connect to the internet. I would like to assist you with this, but first I would need a bit more information. What is the full model number of your daughter's notebook. I have included the document, 'Guide to finding your product number'. As well what version of Windows is she running. I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Lisa: product number is B7S84UA
She is running Windows 7
HP Recommended

Hi Traci24,

Thank you for the information. I have included the following document 'Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)'. This document is more specific to your daughters computer. Please follow all the steps in order for the best resolution.

Please let me know if this works, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue I think, the light next to my wireless button is orange not blue like it usually is.
My product number is VM076UA#ABA
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the information of your notebook. I have included the following specific document 'Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)'. This will take you through different troubleshooting steps and settings specific to your model.

Please let me know if this resolves your connection issue, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
The model of my laptop is hp pavilion g6 I have really strong wi fi. It just locates the name and says wrong password.
When I know its not ..kindly help! It's very annoying !
HP Recommended
And to top it a it even fails to locate WiFi ; networks.
HP Recommended

Hello damini7,

I would like to confirm a bit of information with you. First off what is the full model number of your notebook. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'. What version of Windows are you currently running? I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'. When you do search for available networks, are you able to find your network?

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm using a wireless network on my hp laptop. Sometimes, I faced a problem  on my laptop. If, the router is turned off, my laptop can't find the network when the router is turned on. It occurs few times but not alway. When the problem occurs, I have already tried system restore and nothing happened. I have also tried a command prompt thing which didnt work. And I tried reinstall network driver. But problem not solved. This type of problem happens only my laptop beacouse at that same time i browse internet on my android by the network. My friends Acer laptop  also fine. Problem is only my laptop. Please help to get me out from this pain!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.