Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Product number: B0N80PA#UUF
She is running Windows 7
HP Recommended

Hello sharwatkabir

I am sorry to hear you are having issues connecting to your wireless. There are various things that can cause the symptoms that you are experiencing and HP has collected the possible issues and devised an HP Support document titled Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) that I believe you should read through and let it help you identify what is causing the wireless issue you are facing and how to fix it.

I hope this helps resolve your wireless issue. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hello, yesterday my mother's computer started having issues with her wifi.

It had been working fine but yesterday her computer froze, so we manually turned it off by holding the power button. When we turned it back on, it refused to connect to our internet (our other laptops connect to it just fine). My mom says that this has happened before, but she'd just leave the computer alone and the wifi would start working again on its own, but it's been over a day and it still doesn't connect.

Specifically, when I click to connect to the network, it only tries to connect for less then a second before immediately saying that it cannot connect. When I try to diagnose it, it can't seem to figure out what the issue is. The wifi button is enabled and the light is blue, supposedly indicating that it's fine. The wifi devices in the Device Manager are updated and it says they're working properly. (One odd thing I should note, though,is that in the Advanced Properties it used to have something like "adhoc11n" on the list and I had clicked to "enable" it, but it still didn't work. I checked for updates and found out that it wasn't up-to-date, so I did that but now that feature is missing from the list? Weird.)

In case it's needed, here's the product number..

Product number: A6Z62UA#ABA

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi scorpio8116,

Welcome to the HP Community! I will be happy to help with the wireless issue. When you try to connect to your network do you get an error message at all? Does it say it connects but you just can browse the internet? In device manager what do you have listed for your network adapters? What is your operating system?

Finding your OS:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have HP pavilion entertainment PC...it will find my WiFi but won't give interemt connection its stating issue with modem. All other devices connect to wifi no problem and even when hooked up directly it won't connect and will not connect to any other connection as well
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for getting back to me! Sorry it took so long. See, a couple days later it suddenly started connecting to the internet again, but a few days after that the wifi button turned orange and since then it's been back to no wifi. The button will no longer turn blue.

Our OS is Windows 7. Concerning our Network adapters, I think we're facing a different problem from before. Back then with my previous issue, I saw two different devices in this list that had "wifi" as a part of the name. I'm checking the Network adapters now and they're both gone!! My mom doesn't recall if there's been an update recently, unfortunately, and I wasn't there to see what caused it so I'm not sure how they disappeared.

Connecting an ethernet cable still works, but it shows no networks whenever I try to connect without a cable. If I can find some way to reinstall those adapters, that would be great!!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

HI, im having this problem..

Sorta.

My laptop connects to my wifi, but the desktop apps dont work?

Im not sure why..

Hp Pavilion Touchsmart 14 Sleekbook.

HP Recommended
How do you download it to your computer with wifi? My HP Probook 4520s won't connect to my wifi and the wireless button that allows it to is always orange and won't turn on.
HP Recommended

My laptop is saying it's connected to my wifi, but when I try to use the internet it won't work. 

HP Recommended
E9g86ua#aba
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.