Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Probook 4520s, windows 7 x64 sp1. have same problem. WiFi and bluetooth wont turn on! PLEASE HELP!

M.R.H.P
-----------
If this solution worked click "Kudos"
← here on the left, as thanks. ♥
HP Recommended

I found where problem is!

1. download HP power assistant and set it up!

2. run it and choice "mobile" profile

3. rechoice "high performance"

your WIFI and Bluetooth will turn on immediately!!!!! :Wink:

M.R.H.P
-----------
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with different model HP Probook 4330s - WIFI button becomes orange and it was not possible to turn it on by pressing the button. It was not mentioned within this thread, but the WIFI and Bluetooth can be enabled/disabled also by application called HP Connection Manager.

So I did the following steps:

•  go to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html
  • entered the model name in your case "hp probook 4520s" in my case "hp probook 4330s"
  • click on link with the base model
  • select your operating system version
  • locate the download link to  HP Connection Manager- in the case of hp probook 4520s the older version HP Connection Manager 3.x is available
  • download and install and run - WIFI can be enabled in UI
  • if not, make sure that the WIFI and Bluetooth devices are enabled in BIOS
HP Recommended

Hi again, there is another solution too, it might be because of your wifi turned off by software!

Press " Windows Key " + " X " , windows mobility center will open, click on " Turn Wireless ON " and you will be all set.

Regards,

Engineer MRHP

Edit 1 :

seems some one already said this solution before at page 1.

M.R.H.P
-----------
HP Recommended

hp probook 4520s wifi not turn on 

HP Recommended

how to solve my problem wifi

HP Recommended

the button stays amber

HP Recommended

@PaddyD wrote:

the button stays amber

HP Recommended

my laptop wifi switch is not working. It does not switch on, so what can i do?? plz give me suggetion

HP Recommended

my wireless button dosent change colour even if it's pressed, it still stays orang

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.