Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

In my case support guy asked if i am able to replace wifi moduly myself - i sad yes and he also sent me a video manual.

Uploaded it to Youtube - http://youtu.be/BH3mje2EiTE

HP Recommended

I am having problems with the connectivity for my wifes new HP laptop. It is only getting a max of 3 bars from our wifi even when sitting right next to the router where as my 4 year old HP laptop is getting 5 bars without issue anywhere in the house. Her laptop is also consistently dropping off the network having to re-connect and she is unable to connect to the wireless network at her univeristy depending on where she is in the building (she will have weak to no signal where as her class mates will have a full signal sitting right next to her)

she has a HP pavilion 11-n038ca

running windows 8.1

it has the RAlink RT3290 with driver version  5.0.46.0

I have updated the bios to F.12

and finally I am running mcafee virus proctection and firewall.

To date I have tried resetting the wirless card, I have adjusted the sensitivity and set the power settings to max.

I really need some advice on how to fix this as she needs her computer for her masters program. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

HP Recommended

try maybe to reinstall windows and check how it works with no programs installed

u can also restory to your factory windows settings to check

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.