Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks to realtalkson for writing and let HP know that people has taken their product by looking for the same HP commitment for a good hardware.

But now they are losing their quality by putting faulty product and then not rectifying those. Even now these faulty product are in the market. 

I don’t know why they are not supporting the customer for rectifying the product.

HP Recommended

Hi davorb,

My HP laptop is HP2000 not  HP-470 and its not about the model number of laoptop its the driver for "RT3920 wifi adapter". so you will get the same driver on HP as well as on mediateck. If you look at the link it will show you the version is 5.0.37.0 not 5.0.21.0.

I dont think that you have seen that link.

HP Recommended

HI from russia. I have the same problem.I found a fix,thanx to russian hp support!!!

go to the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0011] (for me it was 0010,for other 0001) and try to find WirelessMode, change 3 on 7,restart RALINK RT3290 and enjoy!!!

sorry for my english.

Для полноценной поддержки работы адаптера в диапазоне 802.11 "n" необходимо изменить параметр реестра, ограничивающий работу только по протоколам 802.11 "b, g".

- веткареестра:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0011]

- значение: WirelessMode

По умолчанию выставлен параметр "3", который, в свою очередь означает работу по протоколам "a,b,g".

Если изменить значение на "7" - адаптер должен работать с протоколами "g,n".

HP Recommended

karkand24 Не помогло. Все равно работает только в g режиме.

Still only works in g

HP Recommended

1111Serega

А драйвер у тебя 5.0.37.0 ? Попробуй еще раз,и перезапустить надо будет адаптер.У меня пинг был 20 скорость 10мбитсек,после процедуры пинг 5,скорость 35.

HP Recommended

karkand24 Спасибо заработало!!!

Блин ,делал все правильно только не с той версией драйвера.

Thank you. works!

HP Recommended

I s this problem resolved, i have the same problem with my hp 470 go laptopm, Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter.

Someone help me plz, i try to reinstal driver, i have lastes driver 5.0.37.0 version and my wi-f drops and unable to connect to my wi fi network all the time, it s so frustrating...

Is there any solution except replacing my wi fi adapter ? ? ? 

HP Recommended

This post is set as "Solved" but no-one from HP has solved it and it's very unclear what the actual fix is. Please help - I have the same issue with my new HP Envy laptop.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem it always has weak signal and it's very frustrating . Compared it with other Laptop , mobile device and they work a way way better than this card .Tried to go to hp centre and they gave me the SAME wifi card and it didn't improve anything -.- . Can someone tell me the list of wifi card that compatible with HP Pavilion M4-1007TX so i can change my wifi card / adapter  by myself. I'm tired of this wifi card . :Crying:

HP Recommended

For just speed issues, I found disabling App Ex Network Accelerator in the adapter properties (under network and connections settings in Win8.1) helped me use the full bandwidth I get from my ISP. I am using a Pavilion that has a RT3290 WLAN chipset.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.