Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This laptop just got worse
HP Recommended

Hi @AbdulSami1,

Thank you for your response.

I grasp that the notebook has become worse.  Please contact HP support for assistance. 

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the result.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Thanks this worked on my HP g2 250 after I replaced the CMOS battery and it started showing the 'no boot device found' error
HP Recommended

For the record,

Hp Laptop HDD Cables (from HDD to Motherboard through the back of course), ARE SADLY, in my experience

ONLY available for sale from Hp.cam or Hp.ca ....

even NCIX did not have one!!

Hp sent me one to make my second HDD BAY in the back functional ... rediculous the little connection cable wasn't there already.

HP Recommended
Hi guys, I replaced my laptop's original HDD with a new one. and it gave me the same error. I followed your suggestion and it worked! Just registered here only to say thanks m8! Regards
HP Recommended
many tanks, works for me 😊
HP Recommended
i have the solution to the problem on one solution
HP Recommended
are u go pay #50,000 &i will give u the solution
HP Recommended
who is really to pay
HP Recommended

ISOLVED,

I am glad that my Legacy Option has solved over 100 peoples problems.

Other things to do if installing Linux for Dual Boot  or re-installing Windows is causing problems:

Disable all WIndows CRAAP in the BIOS ... ex.s Secure Boot,  Fast Boot, Hyperdrive or anything similar.  This is all either proprietary craap or Windows trying in a pathetic way to boot as fast as Linux (Ubutnu)/ or any deriviative like SteamOS/MAC/CHromeBooks/Android ... ALL are Linux (MAC is Linux based too)

Now Legacy Mode should NOT be needed as All Linux variants recognize the previous issues.

But you may still need to Enable Legacy for this error.

Too add another similar issue SOLVED, ...

If you are dual booting Linux/Windows (with Grub) and It still always defaults to Windows in hps....

1/ Use Esc/F9 at boot and choose the HHD option. and better yet ...

2/ Go into BIOS/Boot Options and select the (and I can't remember the name exactly) but something like, "WIndows OS Manager" which IS THE PROBLEM, and unintuitively one can click on it and open up a few options and sett the HDD as the first priority

the answer is to stop Windows from controlling the Boot PROCESS  and let the BIOS use the Hard Drive to boot from! SIMPLE in a windows/Hp complicated way!

Stupid Windows/hp Proprietary CRAAAAP.

Fewww SOLVED for my frinds hp and my new Hp Omen too.

p.s. If anyone want tpo try Linux there is a great SIMPLE new Flavor called ...

ElemantaryOS, looks and feels lke the best from MAC and Windows 10/ and SOLID/FAST

All new Linux OS's instrall flawlessy and more easily than tryng to install Windows - times have changed!

Good luck

ack0329/ Mark, Spreading the good word

p.s. Ubuntu-Gnome is SICKKKK for cutting edge Computers too.

p.s Linux Mint Mate is gereat fore Older/slow laptop/pcsas well s the new aforementioned ElemtaryOS is also good on NEW and OLD/SLOW alike

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.