Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well, I have restarted the computer at least once since my attempt on Saturday, and it actually does seem to be sleeping and waking and shutting down consistently the last few days. But what is in that driver -- computer Ambien? Often when I wake the computer from sleep, it has done weird things in its sleep: opened Bing search tabs for [16 pound pine cone] and [Emilia Clarke], neither of which I know anything about; opened a bunch of empty Chrome windows; today, it has shrunk all the desktop icons from default size to tiny!

HP Recommended

Hello DanG82. As I have said my system is flying because of your fix. I am using IMEI Ver 9.5.24.1790. I just noticed on the Intel driver download site that they released Ver 11.0.0.1173 on 7 October. Do you think this might be the fix we've been waiting for?

HP Recommended

Seriously, I just opened my computer from sleep to all of these browser tabs it found completely on its own. 

computer asleep.png

HP Recommended

@jem38411 wrote:

Hello DanG82. As I have said my system is flying because of your fix. I am using IMEI Ver 9.5.24.1790. I just noticed on the Intel driver download site that they released Ver 11.0.0.1173 on 7 October. Do you think this might be the fix we've been waiting for?

Thanks for the update!  Feel free to give it a test and report back, but I'm guessing probably not.  Most likely, the fix won't come until v12, and Windows 10 users may need to stick with v9 or v10 until then.  If you're running smoothly on v9, you should be good for the time being.

HP Recommended

Thanks again DanG. I'll wait for V12.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problems with an HP ProBook 4520s - it won't power off properly after a Win10 64bit upgrade (it worked fine in Win7 Pro). If I download the drivers listed (nothing coming up at the HP website for anything newer than Win7 64 for this model - it says "HP chipset installation utility v 9.1.1.1020 8 Dec 2009" and "Intel Management Engine Components Driver   6.0.2.1194 Rev. A 8 Dec 200" will those work, or if I go for what you recommend in the reply will those do any harm?

GRB

HP Recommended

@GRB49 wrote:

I am having the same problems with an HP ProBook 4520s - it won't power off properly after a Win10 64bit upgrade (it worked fine in Win7 Pro). If I download the drivers listed (nothing coming up at the HP website for anything newer than Win7 64 for this model - it says "HP chipset installation utility v 9.1.1.1020 8 Dec 2009" and "Intel Management Engine Components Driver   6.0.2.1194 Rev. A 8 Dec 200" will those work, or if I go for what you recommend in the reply will those do any harm?

GRB

Hmm, that's a very old version of the driver -- from 2009 apparently!

I'd start by trying to use the v9 driver linked in the steps I posted.  It won't do any harm -- either it will install and function properly or it won't install at all.  If you get an error that it's not compatible with your system, then give it a shot with the v6 driver listed for your model.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Yeah - and I bought it in 2012 so it was 3 years out of date at purchase. I will give that a go and let you know if it works. Thanks.

HP Recommended
Thx bro.. this helped my issue with hp envy 15
even my frnds hp pavilion had same and this solved it on windows 10
thank you very much!
HP Recommended
this helped thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.