Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Harshavardhan: I have exactly the same issue with my HP Pavilion g4 (I got the startup error only when I restart from Ubuntu). Any solution?, I have tried almost everything and Im really disappointed of my HP

HP Recommended

@ Juan

I tried upgrading my BIOS version as suggested by some members in the forum but still no use. I get the same error message whenever I reboot from ubuntu or any linux distro as a matter of fact.

I am still searching for the solution. As before... no support from the HP people!

P.S: BIOS version is F.15

HP Recommended

@Harshavardhan 

I tried with several distros, kernel upgrade, BIOS update and not luck so far 😞

I am still looking for a solution too, without any luck. 

PS: HP Total Care => Freaking Joke

HP Recommended

I have one week old Pavilion g6-1155ee Notebook and I have the same problem with Linux, I think it doesn't like the way the Linux kernel halts...

I have latest BIOS installed (F.15), I just hope HP will fix this problem since it's really annoying...

HP Recommended

Looks like it's a very compicated problem...

HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem on my g4.

I went to the HP Customer Care center of my city, and the Manager of the Client support told me on the matter : "This is not our responsability, please check with Linux"

The only solution I found is to install Linux on a Virtualbox !!!

Your Local Web Designer
HP Recommended
I've been looking up this error for a while now installing ubuntu 11.04 and I realized for this version of Linux the error was coming from GRUB, once I fixed the MBR error was gone for good I just had to use BCD to recreate the windows boot manager.

If u put in the recovery disk and continue to the command prompt then you can enter Bootrec.exe \FixMbr then restart and grub will be gone as well as the error.....

I hope this helps some of you 🙂
HP Recommended

This issue is just fixed here today after updating to F.32 BIOS.

HP Pavilion G6-1155ee.

Finally clean booting with linux 🙂

HP Recommended
I don't know exactly why it happens, except that it always occurs on the next boot after you've been running Linux. I don't know of any Linux distribitions that don't give this problem on some susceptible systems - even a few seconds of running Linux is enough to give this error message. The good news is that the message goes away after a handful of seconds - you don't have to actually press a key. I'm running Kubuntu 10.04 LTS since early May on an Envy 17 3D and I get it all the time after I've been running Linux.
HP Recommended

As said by 3DMan, upgrading the bios version to F.32 solves the problems of System Temperature which we at the startup when we reboot from linux, Sleep in windows, it also solved the problem of suspend in ubuntu which was bugging me for a long time for my g4 noteboook. So, whoever is suffering from these problems, I suggest them to upgrade their BIOS to f.32 which is the latest one.

It seems this latest bios version is the stable version in which there really is some improvement. Atlast HP people took the System Temperature error seriously and solved it in this release of BIOS.

Hope this helps! :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.