Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question, please post a new topic. You can read more about archiving here.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,807 Views)

Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavillion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7

I had to upgrade to Windows 7 to get my mobile internet modem to work but now my tablet and touch screen functionality does not work and that's the whole reason I bought the laptop. I have checked the drivers on the HP website but they only cover DVD, Live TV, webcam & something else.

Does anyone know if there is a work around or when HP will release the drivers? Oh and nothing too technical as I might be in IT but on the sales side!

Thanks guy

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 4 (2,803 Views)

Re: Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavilion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7

Just in case you missed these. There may be some information in there that you may have not tried.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/tx2000-touch-screen-problem/m-p/176075/h...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Touch-pad-scrolling-not-working-in-windo...

One of them is quite long.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (2,200 Views)

Re: Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavillion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7

hii..pls try ths

1. Click Start , Run... , and then type C:\"Program Files"\Tablet\Pen\remove.exe and press Enter.
  2. After the driver is uninstalled, restart the computer.
  3. Upon restarting the system, the correct Microsoft Windows 7 in-box driver will install automatically.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (2,200 Views)

Re: Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavillion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7

1. Click Start , Run... , and then type C:\Program Files\Tablet\Pen\remove.exe and press Enter.
  2. After the driver is uninstalled, restart the computer.
  3. Upon restarting the system, the correct Microsoft Windows 7 in-box driver will install automatically.

regards SV

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation