Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Anyone out there, please help me out.

I need to know how do I solve this problem. I personally own a HP Mini 110 1169tu and it has a BIOS version of F.16. I installed the sp43745.exe (claimed to make it to 0.5 BIOS) into my netbook and it asked me to shut down. Turned out, it stuck in the BIOS Menu showing "104- Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted. Remove device and restart. I tried pressing F9 and F10 but it was a failure attempt. Should I really remove the Wireless Network Device? I don't even know where it is. Or just take it to the nearest HP Centre and let the guys there fix it? Please show me a solution. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It is recomended to load BIOS defaults after updating the BIOS. Please refer the following weblink to reload the default settings of the BIOS:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00034791

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Its wireless white-list issue.

If the netbook shipped with F.16 BIOS, flashing with the old one is not a good decision especially the one that not listed in your support page. The old BIOS (F05) do not support (or list) the new wireless you are using now.

To solve your problem, you need to flash it back to F.16 or the latest one F.17, here

However, you need to remove the wireless card so that you can pass BIOS check and entering the OS.

Start the notebook without wireless card and flash F.16 or F.17 BIOS. After that insert back the wireless card, install the top cover and you are done.

Removing the wireless card in netbook is more complicated compared to notebook, see Maintenance and service manual, here Please check your warranty status, here before opening the top cover, if you are still cover with warranty, make a phone call to HP to make sure you are not voiding your warranty status.

Good luck

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

It's something very weird because i tried disconnecting the cammera cable from the motherboard and th computer worked normally... Maybe broken camera is causing that issue or the motherboard (southbridge) is working bad...

The best is to try disconnecting almost all devices, and leaving only the basics, then you will see what the problem is...

$ DJ-JaaM $
HP Recommended

I get the same message. I actually try to replace the Atheros AR5007 from my CQ61-125EQ with a Broadcom BCM94321MC.

I have the latest bios F.23, i have tried also to load defaults settings in bios but no luck. ]

If i can pass the bios check the wifi will work. (I have unplug the wifi card, power the pc and when the bootloader is show - GRUB - i plug the wifi card then boot into Windows 7 and everythink is working fine. The card is recognized and working well.

Waht can i do to skip that message or "Eliminate" that warning, because the BCM94321MC is working well, but i cannot pass the bios test, :Crying:

HP Recommended

HI,

unsupported wireless network device - it always shown when  U changed WLAN adapter in ur notebook and its uncompatible with system board installed in laptop.

If u havnt changed WLAN device bios update cann solve problem but if its not U should contact Support for system board repair/replace.

Regards

Click Kudos if i helped U. THX 🙂
HP Recommended

What do you mean by changing the WALN bios update? you mean - modifing the bios with a hex editor? the bios update that i have installed was untouched.

Like i said i disconnect the wifi card to pass the bios check then recoonnect and then reflashing the bios with the same version (official version F.23) - i was thinking that the card is attached to laptop and updating the bios will work.

I there is no other way to fix this i will find a way to modify the bios with a hex editor, I need this card to work for "Hackintosh", mac os will recognize this card.

HP Recommended

I have a pile of HP boards with the nvidia problems.

I just got a TX1000 to work by doing a re flow on the GPU. Next I ran into the "Unsupported Wireless Device" problem. Since I've had it sitting on a shelf for about a year, I forgot what wifi adapter it came with. Now, it came with Vista Enterprise Edition loaded, automatically upgraded to 7 Enterprise so with that said I just figured that since I had 7 loaded I would just not get anywhere. I went through one of my parts bag, took out a Atheros wifi card, installed it and after a couple hours of reading & reinstalling the driver I decided to try a Broadcom 1020 card that was here, stuck it in, installed the driver & that was it.

Now prior to this lucky moment, I remember updating the BIOS last year so I figured I was in for a real problem. So for me, all I needed to do was install the correct wireless card. BTW, I stll got all the driver updates for the hardware through Micro$oft. Since I found this forum, I'll mark it up as another problem that can be fixed. Dan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.