Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

DId that! Still didn't work. Oh well, I suppose that I don't "need" it.

HP Recommended

@ironbesterer

@ironbesterer wrote:

DId that! Still didn't work. Oh well, I suppose that I don't "need" it.

Perhaps I have lost track of precisely what you have tried to get this working.

• Did you try using Series 8 HP SimplePass for Windows 10?

All things equal, some combination of the proper Validity Driver and an appropriate version of the SimplePass program might -- at some point -- manage to work with your system.

===================================================

If Series 8 HP SimplePass does not work:

The latest version of Series 8 HP SimplePass (V8.01.46A) is written to run on Windows 7 - Windows 10. 

Speculation:

It is my guess that the latest "W10" version of the SimplePass program should work for you; if it does not, the program may be running into "other" Driver issues on your system.

You might need to wait for a while to see if HP Windows 10 Drivers become available for your system.

HP ENVY dv6t-7300 CTO Quad Edition Notebook PC

One thing that can hinder success with SimplePass is the lack of other critical Drivers.  In particular, for example, you may need the Windows 10 Chipset driver and the other drivers in that category.

If you decide you want to try again later, please do come back.

I do apologise that your thread has been overrun with enthusiastic posters -- this is a hot topic right now and not everyone is creating their own thread.  While it can be a bit confusing, a "multi-member-thread" can provide a central place to provide several viewpoints and lots of information.

Good Luck!

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I tried to download the Windows 10 version of SimplePass, but it will not let me. It keeps telling me that AuthenTec software is already on my computer, even though I uninstalled both the old SimplePass and the scanner driver.

HP Recommended

ok heres how i solved the issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8-f1jEBsb4LUkdwZW1yb3l3ZUE/view?usp=sharing

1..First download the file from given link.

2..Goto Device Manager

3..Uninstall Biometric driver and delete the driver (check the Box)

4..then click on Action and Select Scan for Hardware changes

5..when window get refresh you will see Unknown Device in Other devices tab.

6..Righ click on Unknown device..and select update driver software.

7..Then click on Browse my Computer for driver and Software

8..Then Select Let me pick from a list....

9..In this tab select Biometric device..(warning dont select biometric)

10..In Select the device driver click on have disk

11..Select the file which i have provided in the link.

12..Select driver from the list 

13..there will be 3 drivers version will be provided..one by one.mine work on 2nd.

14..Install the driver.it will give some warning but ignor them and install it

15..Restart your PC and Configure sign-in Option.

HP Recommended

@ironbesterer

===============================================================

Fast Boot

Hmm..  The fact that the computer "sees" the old installation may mean the Fast Boot is storing the program information. 

You can try switching off Fast Boot (temporarily) -- see the following:

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Hard Reset / Forced Reset

If you don't want to fuss with Fast Boot, you might try a Hard Reset (will NOT wipe your data, just a device reset to force the system to read software from disk at boot):

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Follow the Procedure Pile of Rubble - Hard Reset Sequence / Forced Reset

Stubborn Bits

You may want to check and make sure the "uninstall" actually did remove the Series 6 HP SimplePass software / folders / installation.  I cannot think of any obvious reason why it would not be gone except that the program was not written to run in Windows 10 and there may be "bits" of it left laying about.  You might need to do some manual clean up.  Just because no one has mentioned this does not mean it has not (or will not) happen.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SimplePass

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I tried turning off fast reboot, and it still didn't work. I seriously do not know what the problem with this thing is.

Thanks for the suggestions!

HP Recommended

I tried all of the suggestions in this forum until I finally found out that you have to setup the PIN under the Sign-In options first, then reboot and it will let you add the fingerprint reader as a "Windows Hello" option.  I'm so happy to get my fingerprint reader back!  I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Sorry guys, I think this is way too complicated with all the 'you might try this" and "you could try that" options. It should work just like that without having to uninstall or reinstall any drivers.

So I will just wait until there is a SIMPLE solution to the fingerscan issue, either offered by Microsoft, or by HP.

The solutions offered here are workaround type; so too complicated.

HP Recommended

I have the PID=18 validity sensor on Pavillion dv7. Upgraded to W10 from W8.1 and native windows 10 driver 4.5.305 allowed me to register fingerprints with Hello but wouldn't recognize those fingerprints at logon (as if they weren't registered).

I then ran the DDK 5011 driver set 4.5.310.0 from another post: http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/downloads/ds103635 and manually chose PID=17 from the driver set it installed. Now I can register fingerprints using Hello, and sign in with my fingerprints. SimplePass 8.01.46A still doesn't install correctly: "AppHelp dialog canceled thus preventing the application from starting"

HP Recommended

Fingerprint reader works only with a "Local Account" in Windows 10. Try creating a Local Account instead of usung the Microsoft Account.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.