Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to connect my HP Deskjet 3051A printer to my wireless using the Pin method.  However, this method isnt explained out, and there is no buttons on either my printer or my router to use the pushbutton method.  I have a LinkSys wireless-G broadband router.  I had it working last semester but can't seem to get it connected this year.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is a link to a how-to on setting up the printer. Simply expand the operating system you have and it should walk you through how to set things up.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02722113

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Not all wireless G routers have the wifi protected setup  button... The WPS button was a fairly new feature when wireless G was the common wireless standard.  If you give me the model number off your router I will try to verify this for you.

You should still have the option to connect using a password or security key. Sometimes on the back of the router there may be a tag with a WPA or WPA2 code on it. You should be able to enter that code on the wireless printer setup to connect to the router.

HP Recommended

The model number is WRT54GL. 

HP Recommended

There is no WPS button on this model router. On the screen that is prompting you to push the WPS button, there should be an option instead to connect using a securing key or passcode. Use that instead, it is the only way to connect to this router.

HP Recommended

Ok.  Here is another problem, I was looking up how to connect it cause it wont do anything.  There is no screen promting anything.  I dont know how to get there.

HP Recommended

Here is a link to a how-to on setting up the printer. Simply expand the operating system you have and it should walk you through how to set things up.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02722113

HP Recommended

where do i find the wps pin for my hp deskjet 2541 printer to connect with my laptop

HP Recommended

I need a WPS pin number on my HP Officejet 5746 in order for my computer to recognize it an make it my default printer.

I have searched the entire computer and the instructions an can find no WPS pin number.

Where is it?

HP Recommended

I just purchased a HP Office Jet Pro 8710.  I am trying to add access to my printer to a laptop.  I have access to my printer with my desktop and now I want to have access to my printer with my laptop.  I have a Netgear router R6400.  

When I try to add access to this new printer with my laptop, I am asked for a WPS code.  I cannot find that code in my materials that came with the printer or on the printer itself!

Please send help

BPickard

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.