Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot sibu16, after rolling back the driver to v 9.5.xx and restarting the laptop once solved the peoblem. THANKS A LOT 😄
****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

I did check the version for the interface and it is the 9.xx drivers. If you had looked my orginal post this problem doesn't always happen on my dell xpx 12. I had uninstalled the rapid storage software and the ones related to it because it only has to do if you have multiable hard drives along with anything else I felt I didn't need to try to trouble the problem. My laptop gives me a shut dowm problem after I goto shut it down at the end of the day.  If I turn it on and shut it off it works fine, even after 45 minutes. I was on with dell a couple of times and on the forums, so I branched out to other laptop forums to see what I could find. Glad to see most in this forum is having success with interface issue. I guess I'll ahve to wait till I find an answer to my problem.

HP Recommended

I think I found a solution to this issue. It worked for me on my Dell xps 12. All along I said that this is a hardware issue, and something is preventing the shut down command that windows is sending at shutdown. I diabled the usb  selective suspend setting and my laptop shuts down every time.  Go to power options, click on plan settings and click advanced power settings scroll down to usb and open. Open again to usb select supended settings in the options disable both power and battery. See if it works for you. Good luck.

HP Recommended

Done the rollback of IME from 11.x to 9.5 - I'll give this a go over the next few days.

HP Recommended

I did tried, but the lasted drivers for Intel IM is 7.1, still is not working for me, Elitebook 8760w

HP Recommended

Can you upgrade to the 9.x from the intel site?

HP Recommended
IME 9.5 is working like a charm for me, normal shutdown and sleep is back
HP Recommended

rollback option is disabled for this driver , how do i rollback to 9xxxxxx. help me . give some idea

HP Recommended

how do i downgrade to 9.xxx version rollback button is disabled . please guide me. i am attaching image. my version is 11.0.0.1146 . see rollback button is disabled. help me plz.intel management engine  interface

HP Recommended
Try this maybe https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23091/Intel-ME-9-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.