Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys 

I wanted to know if anyone could help me out with this issue, i just updgraded my laptop's OS from Vista to Win 7 and the only driver that i noticed that its being missing its the one for the Quick Launch Buttons.

I did install the one for vista, but when i start win 7 it tells me right away that i ve got the wrong driver OS for that .

How can i solve this problem ?

Thanks for reading it ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP QuickPlay here ( for 32/64 bit Win7) Install before Quick Launch!

HP Quick Launch Buttons here ( 32/64 bit Win7)

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hi L3o-RJ

Use this Win7 compatible QuickLaunch Button version - SP45058

Regards

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

I appriciate your post however the driver you suggested did not work on either of the two DV 6000 that I tried it on. One was running Win7 Ultimate x64 and the other had Win7 Home (32 bit) installed on it.

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

I had the same issue for ages, but by trying different combo's of drivers, restarting at the right time, compatability mode etc... i sorted it.

I have the HP with the pull our remote control though, and i had trouble getting those to work, but all fixed in the end. Not sure if your model is the same.

I've uploaded the files I used to MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?ldq6s8qyrzqwr

This contains the 3 files used to fix the laptop. They're labeled First, Second and Latest. Install in that order, earlier to latest.

1) When you have downloaded all the files, right click 'Quick Play Drivers - First'   >  Properties  >  Compatability 

2) Tick the box marked 'Compatability mode' and select 'Vista Service Pack 2' and tick 'Run as Administrator'   >  Click OK to close the window

3) Install as normal

4) RESTART!!

5) Do the same with 'Quick Play Drivers - Second'

6) RESTART!!

7) Do the same with Quick Play Web Update - Latest

😎 RESTART!!

9) In your my programs list there should be a QuckPlay icon, right click, click properties and ensure all of that is set to run in the same compatability

10) You may get warning by Windows that the software you are installing will not work with your laptop, tick Don't Remind Me Again' or whatever it is and continue.

That seemed to fix it for me and i'd be battling with it for months and months, looking at every website out there! 🙂

HP Recommended

HP QuickPlay here ( for 32/64 bit Win7) Install before Quick Launch!

HP Quick Launch Buttons here ( 32/64 bit Win7)

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i have windows 7 at dv6144ea  and 2-3 years i dont have the quick launch buttons..............thank you!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

I have Pavillion dv6000 downloaded and installed...Now, my quick launch button works fine...Thank you Mr MVP

HP Recommended

The same worked very well, not to say perfect, for my DV 6000 and Win7 Ultimate (Win Vista before). Thanks for your support.

HP Recommended

Thank you, this worked absolutely perfectly for my dv6226US. It was the last driver I needed, loaded right up. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

do you have any idea what driver to download for the nvidia chipset? i've downloaded 3 and not one worked with windows 7, the chipset supposedly is a gforce 6150. thanks in advance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.