Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (5,690 Views)

Windows 7 & Blu-ray driver

I have just upgraded to Widows 7 64bit Ultimate on my HDX9313TX Notebook PC.

All gone smoothly except my Blu-ray ROM with Super multi DVD drive is now using a microsoft generic driver and acting as a reader only.

I obviously need to get the correct driver. Under devices it is listed as a Mat**bleep**a BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Device however IM not sure if this is correct.

Any help advice appreciated.

Student
Message 2 of 3 (5,423 Views)

Re: Windows 7 & Blu-ray driver

[ Edited ]

Hi how's it going, hope ur doing fine.

I am currently experiencing this exact problem and noted the date of your post. [and also the no-response-so-far]   Did you ever manage to get a fix for this problem?

I have an hp hdx9313tx notebook pc, that I basically bought to play blu-ray's on.  I upgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate x64 to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and lost blu-ray capability and apparently the quick-play touch buttons don't work properly now either.  It still plays back a regular DVD.

When I put a blu-ray in the drive, it seems to get 'read' but when I click PLAY a message pops up that:                                      "VGA Resource is unavailable.  Playback is not allowed"

So far hp's Support & Drivers pages are not listing any Support & Drivers for for this model running any version of Windows 7.  p/n KU827PA#ABG   HDX9200 series

Anyway I hope you did find a way to sort this and look forward to seeing post update from you.  Thanks very much from Dave.

Student
Message 3 of 3 (2,990 Views)

Re: Windows 7 & Blu-ray driver

hi how are you doing fine i hope i have a hp pavilion dv7 and my blu ray dvd drive is not reading any of my dvd movies and video games can you help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation