Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi onlyvips,

I see that you are also looking for help with your finger print scanner. What is your product number? I will use that to get some more information.

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Can you help me find the suitabe SimplePass and validity sensor driver for HP Envy DV6-7331sa running on Winows 8.1 Pro x64?

HP Recommended

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get this (Authentec Fingerprint Scanning) working with an HP Compaq 6910p and Windows 8.1? Many thanks DS

HP Recommended

I am a bit confused.  The link given has only HPSomplepass.  Where do I get the required driver - or is it in the SimplePass Software Package.  Advise.  Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@jweaver,

That link is the software for HP SimplePass.

@Villyd

Your model does have drivers available for Windows 8.1. Here is a link to the Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver.

Start with that and see how it goes. If you are still having issues use the SimplePass link from my first post.

@DoomSlayer,

Your particular model is a business notebook and uses different drivers. There are no specific drivers available for your model. Instead of HP SimplePass it uses HP Protect Tools.

Here is a link to HP Protect Tools for Windows 8 for a different model.

I can't guarantee that this is going to work. You might have been luck in the commercial forums.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi BHK6

Thanks for your reply. Posted to the Commerical Forum for my notebook.

I will download and try the HP ProtectTools you sent through as well. Will give feedback when or if I get it working just for everyones info.

All the best

DS

HP Recommended

I what order should I install them? Fingerprint driver then Simplepass or vice versa?

HP Recommended

Can you please give the Original Version of SimplePass that came with my laptop? Envy dv6 7331sa

HP Recommended

Hi Villyd,

Here is the link to the SimplePass software that original came installed.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-122818-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

I suggest starting with the Validity software and then the SimplePass software.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I got a note from "Solve PC Issues" which informs me that Windows 8.1 does not support the Validity Hardware installed on the HP HDX 16 and Validity is not issuing upgrade drives for this hardware.  Thus ends this 'wil goose chaise"   What frustrates me is the fact that I had this working under Windows 8.1 Preview but with the 'latest edition of Windows 8.1 this is a no go.  Evidently MS, HP and Validity have a 'collegial relationship' to guarantee that the users of their products must upgrade both hardware and software.  So it goes for capitalism.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.