Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You have to find out what chipset you have to be able to see if the "Beta" driver from AMD will work for you.

Goto to your system properties and see what it is. My HP Dv7 was bought in 2010(Sept) and it has the INtel i5 M430

chipset.

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Hi Winterpeg007! 

Thank You very much for Your answer !

my chipset is Intel HM77 Express,

does it mean that there is no driver which fix this problem ?

HP Recommended

Hi all! 

i had solved this problem for HP envy 6-1058er:
1. install this driver for video caard https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24696/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit

2. update chipset driver using Intel® Driver Update Utility http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

HP Recommended

Let's try this:

Goto "device manager" on your computer and then click on Display adapters. You should see 2 of them, the Intel one and see if one of them is AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series? If you have this one, then goto to the link on the AMD site and download the "beta" version. If you do NOT have the AMD driver, you maybe out of luck.

You may want to try installing the AMD driver itself first and see if it will install and if it does, then update it with the "beta" version for the 5000 series.

This is just a guess and you may not be able to do anything.

Wish you luck!

HP Recommended

SOLUTION using Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta drivers from AMD (for Pavilion dm4 bought in 2010, but should work for everyone)

I've been lurking on this thread for the past several months hoping that a solution would present itself, which it seems one has: most people with "legacy" HP products have succeeded in getting their HDMI port (powered by the Mobility Radeon dedicated video card) to work again using some jerry-rigged drivers shoved together by AMD known as Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta drivers. They made these last-ditch effort drivers because so many people are having this problem with their HDMI ports not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

I have a Notebook Pavilion dm4 (bought in 2010) that had a fully functional HDMI port on Windows 7 prior to upgrading to Windows 10, upon which it stopped working due to Windows 10's lack of compabitility for fixed (as opposed to dynamic) switchable graphics configurations.  I experienced all the driver issues, lack of HDMI port functionality, and symptoms described in all the previous posts of the last 15 pages.  Tried the solutions, nothing worked (except for when this Crimson fix was first discovered on P13 in post 127).  The only workable solution thus far was reverting back to Windows 7.

However, I gave the Crimson Edition Beta drivers a try, and like magic THEY WORKED.  Right now I'm typing this post on my external display using the HDMI connection on my Pavilion dm4.  All is good, just like before.  So the Crimson drivers do work despite my system being 6 years old.  So if they can work on my system, they should work on everyone else's systems that are less than 6 years old.

Here was my process for getting the Crimson drivers to work and restore the full functionality of the HDMI port on my Mobility Radeon 5000 series:

1) Run the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

2) Install the Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta drivers

3) Restart

Done!

IMPORTANT: I tried installing the Crimson drivers without running the clean unstall utility first.  It didn't work. When I tried to connect my external display to the HDMI port, the screen flickered a few times until the computer gave up and produced an error message about wrong drivers.  So I used the clean uninstall utility to first wipe every trace of any AMD display adapter drivers off my system, then installed the Crimson drivers, did a system restart, and now the HDMI port works great.

NOTE: Even though the Crimson Edition Beta drivers solve the HDMI problem, they will never be distributed through Windows 10's automatic update system because they are not an official update. They are simply beta drivers, meaning AMD engineers are supplying them 'as is' and will not support them. We've been thrown some bread and water and that's all we're going to get. But at least AMD did *something* as opposed to HP doing *nothing*.

My system: HP Pavilion dm4 notebook, upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, Mobility Radeon 5000 series switchable graphics (fixed configuration)

HP Recommended

Thank you for the message above! About ten months after trying out windows 10 and giving up on my old laptop because I couldnt use the HDMI out feature, we finally have a solution. Praise goes to AMD. HP on the other hand? Never again 🙂

In the mean time, the person in question has adopted a retina Macbook Pro and all things are rosy. Together with excellent battery life, solid performance, great build quality and an eye-popping screen, Im very happy when I need to go into my win10 partition to do some work. Overall, I havent seen another laptop that brings all those features together at the same price point or at all. 

Thanks again for your message - the HP envy 14 (1st edition) is now working again albeit as a router 🙂

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Thanks, this worked perfectly for me and I'd recommend this for anyone else having the same issues.  Be patient though, the installation takes about 10-15 minutes and sometimes appears to have stalled but this is normal.

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv7-4083cl

This worked for me:

1- Clean Windows 10 install from burned official ISO image: 

How to download official Windows 10 ISO files: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-download-official-...

2- Installed latest Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta for your graphic card (64Bit)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64

3- Just in case, disabled automatic dirver updates

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/windows-10-disable-dri...

4- Reboot, and allowed WiFi (Internet) access

5- The ATI driver was apparently workking, but not really. The other video card (the INTEL card) was still seen as 'Generic' by windows. The HDMI connetion wasn't working. I started to look for proper Inter drivers, there are some linked in this, or other similar thread.

6- Magicaly the 'generic' card was replaced by 'Intel' (automagically, even after I've configured 'do not perform automatic driver updates'. I did NOT manually installed anyting regarding the Inter card.

7- Reboot

8- Everything was working fine! 

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!!

We have been trying to resolve the hdmi-problem for MONTHS, and this is the first solution that has worked! We are so grateful that I registered an account with this forum only to respond to this post. 🙂

To others, please follow the steps noted in the post:

1) Run the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

2) Install the Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta drivers

3) Restart

THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

After upgrading  to windows 10 i can't connect to my T V 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.