Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. I am newbie.. I tried installing the unlisted drivers in my computer. I am unable to find a driver for network controller. I also tried installing Broadcom, Atheros drivers but I was unsuccessful.

Please note that I did not have wireless driver listed in my device manager.

Because of this I am unable to connect it to internet.

Also please tell me what is the difference between broadcom or atheros drivers.

I 'll post what is displayed in networks and other devices in device manager:

Network:

Bluetooth device (Personal area network)

Bluetooth device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Other devices: (with an exclamation mark)

Network Controller

PCI Simple Communications controller

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, ashk92:

Below are the links to the drivers you need:

After you install these, everything should work. Your wireless card was the device listed as a Network Controller.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-104656-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Hi, Nazeer3d:

In order for me to try and help, I will need the hardware ID's like ashk92 posted above, and my directions for finding them are posted above.

Paul

View solution in original post

428 REPLIES 428
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go back to the device manager and click on the devices that need drivers one at a time.

Then click on the Details tab. Now you will see a Properties drop down list. Drop down on that and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

Those will ID the type and model of the missing devices and I will send you the links to the drivers you need.

Paul

HP Recommended

Network Controller IDs

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_1785103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_1785103C
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&CC_0280

PCI Simple Communications Controller IDs

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1858103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1858103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_0780

I do not have any Wireless listed. Will the installation of these enable WiFi?

PS. I did not expect such a fast response. Feels great for having selected hp. Keep up your good job

HP Recommended

hello ..

I am having the same issues, couldn't connect to the interent dues because none of the drivers listed in the support page is  installing the wifi.  

I couldn't find a Graphic drivers too for the 64-bit Window 7, Does this lasptop support 64-bit  windows ? If yes please send me the link for the drivers ,

Thanks  

HP Recommended

Hi, ashk92:

Below are the links to the drivers you need:

After you install these, everything should work. Your wireless card was the device listed as a Network Controller.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-104656-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Hi, Nazeer3d:

In order for me to try and help, I will need the hardware ID's like ashk92 posted above, and my directions for finding them are posted above.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

hi.. i can't connect to wireless networks.. troubleshooting says ethernet controller needs driver. pls help (windows 7 32bit)

hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_1858103C&REV_05

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_1858103C

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

I

HP Recommended

Hi, Rakesh:

That is not a wireless device you posted the hardware ID's for. That is your wired network controller.

Below is the link to the driver page for it.

Download and install the 5th one on the list (Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1497589))

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

If your wireless card is missing drivers, it will be listed as a Network Controller with the little yellow ! mark.

Paul

HP Recommended

hi.. i can't connect to wireless networks also....can you provide the links to the drivers.  HP a6437c desktop

hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4310&SUBSYS_7D021799&REV_02

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4310&SUBSYS_7D021799

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4310&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4310&CC_0280

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.