Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (9,520 Views)

screen replacement for 6910p

Hello!

I currently have WXGA 1280X800 screen in my 6910p laptop (446435-001)

I would like to replace it with WXGA+ 1440X900 screen (446436-001)

Is it possible? What do I need for this?

I know how to unscrew and remove the screen, I also know that I need to buy the 14.1 WXGA+ screen.

Do I need to know something else?

Thank you!

Provost
Message 2 of 6 (9,508 Views)

Re: screen replacement for 6910p

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Service documenatation for 6910p model you will find here.

Write your notebook product number (p/n) and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

This way I will be able to confirm then for 100% you can do this.

When you will do this I will give you confirmation of this information.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (9,503 Views)

Hello!

Thank you for the reply, but not everything is so easy...

I do have the documentation and I know how to take it apart.

For now it looks like I need to change not only the screen but the cable too. I need part number 418898-001. This is LCD cable for WXGA+ screens. My current cable supports only WXGA.

Someone else has expirience with the screen replacement? What problems should I expect during the process?

Thank you!

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (9,501 Views)

I am not able to get a part number now, since the laptop is far away from me. I will see it on Saturday.

What is important in part number? I know I have 6910p and WXGA screen. What kind of information can be also important?

Thank you!

Provost
Message 5 of 6 (9,495 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here are all 6910p compatible models with this display. If your p/n is on this list then it will be working for 100%. It's just a conformation of this information. I don't want to give you bad answer. That's all.

As You see 446436-001 part have:

Display : 14.1-inch WXGA+ LCD display panel assembly - Includes wireless antenna transceivers and cables

So when You will buy it all parts will be with it. Smiley Happy

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (9,468 Views)

Thank you for your help!

I took a look at the link you provided, but the price of the part does not make a very happy person. Smiley Happy

Unfortunatelly on eBay and Internet stores this part number mean Screen only. So, I preffer to get a screen and cable separate. I am just wonder if I need to replace something else after I get all of this.

Currently I have screen and it does work but I see only every second vertical line. So there is one line visible one black and so on.

Cable is on its way. I think I do not need to replace the inverter. Everything else should be the same.

If you (someone else) have any commecnts or advise, please let me know!

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation