Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (4,264 Views)

someone please help cant change background!

i dont know what it is maybe im doing something wrong but i find a picture on google images nd i right click it a click set as background image nd it asks me if i want to replace the current image and i say yes but nothing appens its still the preloaded hp background on my desktop. any ideas???

Honor Student
Message 2 of 8 (4,263 Views)

Re: someone please help cant change background!

by the way i have a new mini. with windows 7 starter.

Intern
Message 3 of 8 (4,243 Views)

Windows 7 Starter does not include:

• Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the “Windows Basic” or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
  • Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
  • The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
  • Multi-monitor support.
  • DVD playback.
  • Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
  • Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
  • Domain support for business customers.
  • XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.
Student
Message 4 of 8 (3,955 Views)

i see that you asked about this a few months ago, but in case you haven't found a solution yet i thought i'd answer...

first, go to this site and read these instructions:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/03/14/free-program-lets-you-easily-change-wallpaper-images-on-wind...

next, go to this site and click 'download' (for some reason there's no direct link from the instruction site above to this one with the download):

http://starter-background-changer.uptodown.com/en/download

i just did this myself and it worked Smiley Happy  and not that you would trust what i say, but i happen to know french and therefore could tell that the instructions were just like the normal ones for installing things in english and so i think it's totally safe

Val *)Smiley Surprised)
Student
Message 5 of 8 (2,521 Views)

Re: someone please help I cant change background!

I USE GOOGLE FOR MY BROWSER BUT CAN NOT CHANGE THE PICTURE ON GOOGLE DESKTOP!

Provost
Message 6 of 8 (2,511 Views)

Re: someone please help I cant change background!

>> I USE GOOGLE FOR MY BROWSER BUT CAN NOT CHANGE THE PICTURE ON GOOGLE DESKTOP!

Hi,

Are you talking about Chrome ?

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
Message 7 of 8 (2,245 Views)

I can't set a background. Even if I save the image, or right click on it i can't do anything.... What do I do? 

Student
Message 8 of 8 (842 Views)

Thank you for taking the time to offer help!

The 1st website you list, http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/03/14/free-program-lets-you-easily-change-wallpaper-images-on-wind... is in French.

I didn’t recognize the information on the 1st screen. It looked like A screen for installing a program, but I didn’t know which one.

I couldn’t follow when I didn’t know where to start.

I know some stuff about computers. (Some would say, enough to be dangerous.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation