Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a pavilion notebook model G62-233NR windows 7 64bit, with a built in webcam.  YouC am Software came bundled with it and was working.  Now the webcam is not found by any of the video programs ei Skype, Youcam.. etc..

I also noticed the webcam doesn't appear in the device manager. I figure I need to reinstall a driver for it but not sure which driver to install. HP has the following drivers availble for my model but which one?  If one of the drivers was labeled 'webcam' the task would be easy. I hope since tthe driver is missing in the device manager that installed a driver will fix the missing cam... I am concerned because I don't see a driver named 'webcam' in the list... but what else could the problem, how can I get  the driver installed if thats the problem.

show Driver - Audio (‏1)
show Driver - Graphics (‏3)
show Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices (‏1)
show Driver - Modem (‏1)
show Driver - Network (‏8)
show Driver - Storage (‏2)
show BIOS (‏1)
show Diagnostic (‏1)
show Operating System - Enhancements and QFEs (‏1)
show Order Recovery Media (‏1)
show Software - Solutions (‏5)
hide Utility - Tools (‏2)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi everybody

I got windows 7 , in the suggestion balk you type cmd

then you got a suggestion then you must do right click mouse and select as administrator. otherwise you will not be addministrator and you can not do the command.

greetz

steve

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is how to fix webcam problem under Windows 7

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I been down that route... close but no cigar!

Does any have the same problem I have and if so, how did you fix it?

Is there a driver to install or not????

HP Recommended

Have exactly the same problem and also microphone won't pick up sound but with a Dv7

Same situation (Boyfriend in Denmark) so I understand how you're feeling

Tried that route as well and updating etc. with no success

Maybe connection loose inside the computer?

HP Recommended

Hi all

This is the fix for your problem, I had the same problem with packard bell.

Go to start and type cmd , but do it as administrator

Type in cmd

sfc /scannow

it takes a few minutes .

Then shut down your laptop , disconnect power , disconnect battery

wait 30 minutes .

Then boot your laptop now will the camera show in your device manager .

And is your problem fixed.

Then install your  webcam software eventuallt update your driver if you find it.

Now you can enjoy your webcam

greetz

petrove

HP Recommended

petrove's suggestion did the trick for me.

I ran the sfc /scannow in the command prompt (and it returned no errors), restarted, and now the webcam is showing up in the device manager.  Honestly, it was a last ditch effort and I didn't hold out much hope for it working, but I tip my cap to you sir and admit I was wrong.  Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

No problem

I am happy i could help

regards

Steve

HP Recommended

Steve, I tried the commend sfc /scannow in a cmd window but got the message

'must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the scf utility'

I checked my user account and I am the admininitrator. I checked the proityes of SFC and fouind that there are a limited things I can do, however I can't change any of the properties because they are all grayed out.

I'm about to google for more help, I just thought youd like to know where I'm at.

Interstingly, I started asking for support for my disabled webcam, and its hgteat to know that my problem hasn't been forgotten. Everyone... thanks for keeping up with this problem.

Jim

HP Recommended

jrw45, the same thing happened to me.  I had to run the command prompt as an administrator (right click cmd.exe and select "Run as Administrator")

HP Recommended

I tried the SCF command and other steps suggested. My cam still doesn't work. Odd thing is, on the windows troubleshooting website they mention... "If your computer came with an internal webcam, you shouldn’t have to install any drivers for it to work"... I do have a laptop, model G62.  now isn't that odd???

For one thing, I guess thats why I don't see a driver in the manager and I can't find drivers to install.

Is there a swtich hidden somewhere that might be in the off porsition?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.