Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody

I got windows 7 , in the suggestion balk you type cmd

then you got a suggestion then you must do right click mouse and select as administrator. otherwise you will not be addministrator and you can not do the command.

greetz

steve

HP Recommended

Hi,

For me the verification gets to 17% but then comes up with the message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

HP Recommended

I'm not sure hopw I keep getting the following message in my mailbox...

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button

cmd

I can't accept any answers because so far none worked at correctiong my "WEBCAM CAN NOT BE FOUND" in programs like SKYPE

I had high hopes when someone posted the following directions looked good and where very tedious, however I carefully took the steps.

Type in cmd

sfc /scannow

it takes a few minutes .

Then shut down your laptop , disconnect power , disconnect battery

wait 30 minutes .

Then boot your laptop now will the camera show in your device manager .

And is your problem fixed.

Then install your  webcam software eventuallt update your driver if you find it.

Now you can enjoy your webcam

Nothing changed, still no webcam in device manager and skype still reports the same message.

"SKYPE COULDN'T FIND A WEBCAM"

And if anybody would like to know none of my video programs can not find a webcak along with the fact the the little LED doesn't light up either. DEAD.

So its a NO  KUDOS FROM ME,  in other words "I will NOT select the "Accept as Solution" button" no way no how.

HP Recommended

hi 

The only thing i can think that you still can try.

do the laptop to factory reset, maybey everything will be normal then.

Otherwise try to get to the shop ask why the webcam doesn't work. maybey he is just broke?

regards 

HP Recommended

Hi, I was just wondreing if you know a way to do this on Windows 8? I'm having the same problem, but can't seem to figure it out.

HP Recommended

how do i get a clear picture on my webcam

HP Recommended

no this is windows 8

HP Recommended
no its a windows 8
HP Recommended
noits a windows 8
HP Recommended

I also am running windows 8 and have the same issue; 1 day my webcam worked, and today, I get error code 45, that i need to 'reconnect' my built-in camera!  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.