Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The Leshcat drivers? I'll give those a go but I'm tempted to go back to Windows 8.1 until things have settled down. I've got work to do and can't afford hours messing around 😉

Cheers, Rob.

HP Recommended

Hi guys, I actually solved today just by switching back my video card settings in bios to dynamic. I did it after disabling the ULPS but that did not affect my boot time. 

Right now I get something like 13 seconds to the login page with the normal 7200 rpm disk. 

Be sure to have the "fast boot option enabled", it did increase my booting speed from about 30 seconds to 13! I hope you guys solve this issue like I did! 

HP Recommended

I found it but i dont get what you mean by every DWORD. People have told that there are only four values but am i supposed to set all of the ones in the list to 0 but or only the ones with enable ulps in it.

HP Recommended

Only the ones with enableULPS. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am also going to try to edit the registry as described.

When i search for enableULPS, I also find a registry entry called EnableUlps_NA.

Should i also change the value of this entry to "0" ?

Thanks

UPDATE: I realise now that 'EnableUlps_NA' isnt a DWORD entry, so shouldnt be changed.

HP Recommended

You are a ginius! 

I made an acount just to thank you.

I dont know how to say but man but thank you.

HP Recommended

To Verstein-----Indeed, you are a genius.  Upgraded my HP Pavilion DV7T-6000 CTO with a Samsung 850 500GB SSD, and also upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.  Boot time was 1 min-49 seconds.  Tried almost everything to reduce the boot time,  but nothing worked after all the various recommendations on the web, until I implemented your approach.  Works absolutely fantastic now.  Boot time is now 22 seconds.  Thank you sincerely.

HP Recommended

Fantastic!!
this work for me 😄 
hp 6159sl, 
after five months of problems, it also works with driver Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta

Ty so much!!!

HP Recommended

My HP Pavillion is very slow to boot after update from windows 7 to windows 10. Any solutions please.

HP Recommended

I only found 1 enableULPS DWORD. What should i do??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.