Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I received a PC from a customer which give this error code during boot : 2234-HECI error during initialization.

It is an HP Compaq Elite 8300 Ultra Slim Desktop (B2C87UT).

I loaded the default setting in the BIOS and I also updated it to the rev. 2.90 (lastest from the HP site)

From some research on google, 2233 error refer to a faulty motherboard and need to replace it.

I would like to know if it's the same with the 2234 error code.

Thanks,

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Charles:

Below is the link to the service manual.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03612798-1.pdf

It does not reference the 2234 code but does have the troubleshooting steps for the 2233 code.

See chapter 11, page 300.

One of the steps is to update the BIOS to its latest revision as well as update to the latest Intel Management Engine firmware revision.

I would have to say that if those steps don't fix the problem then the system board has to be replaced.

If the PC is under warranty, contact HP technical support for assistance as this is a consumer to consumer forum.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi, Charles:

Below is the link to the service manual.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03612798-1.pdf

It does not reference the 2234 code but does have the troubleshooting steps for the 2233 code.

See chapter 11, page 300.

One of the steps is to update the BIOS to its latest revision as well as update to the latest Intel Management Engine firmware revision.

I would have to say that if those steps don't fix the problem then the system board has to be replaced.

If the PC is under warranty, contact HP technical support for assistance as this is a consumer to consumer forum.

HP Recommended

Replacing the motherboard solved my problem thank you for your help !

Charles

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Charles.

HP Recommended

HI EVERYBODY I TRY WITH CLEAR CMOS, A BUTTON IN MOTHERBOARD AND I FIX THE PROBLEM

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your input as it may help other. In my case, I have done that and it didn't help.

Thanks,

Charles

HP Recommended

I have the same 2234 HECI error during initialization. Very frustrating. Again (in my experience) HP are next to useless when it comes to solving these problem. Please show me that I am wrong HP 🙂 I have reset the CMOS, reset my BIOS settings, removed cards from the PC, etc, but the problem persists. 

2234HECI.jpg

HP Recommended

I note that on my Lenove laptop, I recently received an update for Intel related HECI something. I suspect that HP issued an HECI update and perhaps that has broken lots of HP PCs as evidenced by a google search for the error described above.

HP Recommended

Hello!
Unfortunately, I am not leted to follow this link «http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03612798-1.pdf » 😞  («You don't have permission...»)
Could You specify the name of that document or provide another link to it?

HP Recommended

Unplugging my external usb hdd then rebooted and it is working now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.