Annoying pop-ups after updating my computer. (1856 Views)
Top Student
sezmar
Message 1 of 4 (1,856 Views)
Accepted Solution

Annoying pop-ups after updating my computer.

I upgraded my computer an HP Pavillion a6200n with an ASUS - EN8500GT Silent Magic 512MB DDR2 New-Aged DirectX 10 video card and a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 + 3.0GHZ 2 X 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor. I am now getting these annoying pop-ups . Can I use the recovery process (F10) to restore my computer to it's factory settings.? Will it recover with the upgrades installed?
Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 2 of 4 (1,845 Views)

Re: Annoying pop-ups after updating my computer.

What do the annoying popups say?

If you recover the computer you'll be fine. You'll just need to update drivers and Windows and it will work ok.

Top Student
sezmar
Message 3 of 4 (1,803 Views)

Hi, thanks for your immediate reply. I keep getting several pop-ups. They are:

1- Windows Media Center Receiver Service Stopped Working and was closed.

2- Digital Cable Device Registration application stopped woring and was closed.

3- Video Error - Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer.

4- Com Sorogate has stopped working.

These pop-ups started around the time installed my ASUS EN8500GT Graphics Card. I also have Pinnacle PCTV HD Card Studio 11 (pinnacle tvcenter pro) installed. Everything used to work fine without any problems. I just update the pinnacle software today (01-01-2009) I'm still getting pop-up "Windows Media Center Receiver Service Stopped Working......)

Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 4 of 4 (1,804 Views)

Windows Media Center receiver service is a service that's used to share media with other devices like zuen players, xbox 360, etc.. and it starts up with the pc.

You can disable it if not used by going to Start, run or Start, Start search, type services.msc and press enter then go down the list and right click on Media Center Receievr service and set to diables, then apply and ok.

I highly recommend running a Recovery and then updating your drivers and set windows media center if you're using it because you're getting a lot of abnormal errors plus the media center video error is tough to fix as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation